Best rental house community for non-parks trip

WaterLinds

DIS Veteran
We're hopefully headed to the Orlando area this spring, currently not planning any park days--just looking to hang out by a pool, soak up some sunshine, etc. It will be my family of four plus my parents, and we're currently looking at the many rental homes with pools that are available throughout the area and are a bit overwhelmed by the choices. I think we'd like to be at one that has some kind of water park (slides and lazy river) in addition to the small backyard pools most have.

If distance to the parks/traffic is not a factor, which of these communities would you recommend? Any with a quieter vibe, better kept amenities, etc.?

Currently looking at listings from Windsor Hills, Windsor at Westside, Storey Lake, Solterra, and Solara. If there are others I should add to that list, or anything you wouldn't recommend, I'd love to hear about it!

Regal Palms Resort in Davenport has a great pool area with lazy river. But I would suggest renting privately through an owner so you know exactly what unit you are getting. They are 3 and 4 bedroom townhouses.

What about Reunion? They have houses with pools and 3 bedroom condos, golf courses and a water park that may be included in some rentals or might cost extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter