Best Resort for Christmas Visit

Best Decorated Resort

• Saratoga Springs

• Old Key West

• Beach Club Villas

• Boardwalk Villas

• Villas at Wilderness Lodge

• Animal Kingdom Villas (new to DVC, but resort has been open)

Results are only viewable after voting.

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
We are planning to go to WDW next December to see WDW all decorated for the holidays.

We have never been, so wanted to see what everyone thought was the resort with the best Christmas Spirit.

We plan to book SSR at the 11 month window just to secure the reservation. We are thinking that the VWL might just work the best for that Christmas feel, so we hope to then change our ressie at 7 month window.

Please vote if you have been to WDW at this time of year.

Thanks

The tree in the lobby of the WL is the primary reason to stay there. It's simply amazing and you'll really feel the holiday magic. I haven't seen the AKL during the holiday season, but it would be my second choice during that season because it's my first choice at all other times of the year now that I've stayed there!

I voted for the WL. This will be our 2nd Christmas vacation there.:banana: However, we visited the other resorts to see their decorations, and would encourage you to do the same. They are all beautiful at that time of the year. Have a great trip!

We have alternated our December visits between BWV and VWL, these are our favorites. VWL this year!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I have to say that VWL just felt perfect as a Christmas resort. We visited BCV and it was very nicely decorated as well. Never made it over to the BWV's or AKL so can't commment on either of them. We did enjoy being at SSR the week after Christmas, but it did not have the same feel as VWL.

We have alternated our December visits between BWV and VWL, these are our favorites.

We have done the same and enjoy both locations but the VWL really provides the total Christmas feel IMHO.

One of the things I've always liked about the VWL is the western music playing in the background. You can hear it really well as you follow the covered walk way from the main lodge to the villas. [Nothing like hearing the theme from How the West Was Won or the Magnificent Seven to put you in VWL mood]. During the holidays they switch the music to Christmas tunes and it is a REALLY nice addition to the overall holiday feel.

HBC

We'll be staying at VWL for the 4th strainght year this December. I just love the Christmas atmosphere! The bell players in the lobby are wonderful. The fireplaces and the trees in the lobbies of both buildings all make you feel the Christmas spirit.

Next year we're going to try the AKV for the first time at Christmas. I'm hoping to be just as pleased by the atmosphere there.

We are planning to go to WDW next December to see WDW all decorated for the holidays.

We have never been, so wanted to see what everyone thought was the resort with the best Christmas Spirit.

We plan to book SSR at the 11 month window just to secure the reservation. We are thinking that the VWL might just work the best for that Christmas feel, so we hope to then change our ressie at 7 month window.

Please vote if you have been to WDW at this time of year.

Thanks

We'll be going in Dec of '08 too (early/mid Dec), provided we can get a ressie.

I voted for VWL...they're my absolute favorite for the holidays.

We're going for AKV that trip, based strictly on the fact I can get ressies there at 11 months, and I don't want to have to play the "wait list" game at 7 months, or rebook.

BUT we'll be spending a TON of time going on a whirlwind "resort" tour, to get pics, etc, of all the resorts...and VWL will be our first stop. :)

VWL - tree at WL and VWL can't be beat and the decorations are incredible. I can't wait!:santa: !!

We'll be going in Dec of '08 too (early/mid Dec), provided we can get a ressie.

I voted for VWL...they're my absolute favorite for the holidays.

We're going for AKV that trip, based strictly on the fact I can get ressies there at 11 months, and I don't want to have to play the "wait list" game at 7 months, or rebook.

BUT we'll be spending a TON of time going on a whirlwind "resort" tour, to get pics, etc, of all the resorts...and VWL will be our first stop. :)

We are going to use the 11 month window to book SSR. But, I am going to try at 7 months to get VWL. We really want to see WDW and the resorts decorated for the holidays!

VWL appears to be the obvious choice

Has to be Wilderness Lodge!

We stayed there last December and the decorations were awesome.

Does anyone know if the VWL will have its Christmas decorations up by Thanksgiving weekend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter