Best Resort/Room for family of 6

GypsyMomma2Four

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

I am currently planning our next Disney trip for 2018 and we will be staying onsite for the first time. Very excited but also a little nervous.

We always stay at a Marriott condo with 2 bedrooms and a living room with a sleeper sofa/full kitchen and washer/dryer. So that space and convince has become our norm.

I'm shooting for a deluxe resort with free dining obviously we don't know the exact dates for 2018 yet.

My question is this. We have 4 kids ages at time of travel 16-9-7-4. We don't want to pile into one room. Is it better to try and book a suite or two connecting rooms? Which resort offers the best options for this? I like the Polynesian but I'm open to any resort.

Thanks in advance!

Those with more deluxe/villa/suite info will jump on but as an FYI Connecting Rooms are not guaranteed so factor that into your planning process.

I would do 2 rooms so you have 2 baths. The less expensive deluxe resorts are WL & AKL. Both resorts have rooms with 1 queen & a bunk bed. That might be fun for your kids. I've stayed at both. They are very nice.

WL does have a deluxe room category that sleeps 6. It has a bed room with 2 queens, plus a living room with a fold out sofa. You also get access to the Club lounge. You'd have to price it out, but I think it's about the same as booking 2 rooms. You'd only have 1 bath. However, the "goodies" in the lounge would save you quite a bit on food and drink.

Hey everyone!

I am currently planning our next Disney trip for 2018 and we will be staying onsite for the first time. Very excited but also a little nervous.

We always stay at a Marriott condo with 2 bedrooms and a living room with a sleeper sofa/full kitchen and washer/dryer. So that space and convince has become our norm.

I'm shooting for a deluxe resort with free dining obviously we don't know the exact dates for 2018 yet.

My question is this. We have 4 kids ages at time of travel 16-9-7-4. We don't want to pile into one room. Is it better to try and book a suite or two connecting rooms? Which resort offers the best options for this? I like the Polynesian but I'm open to any resort.

Thanks in advance!
You really have to price it out but we are getting two rooms and it is almost always cheaper to do 2 rooms than a 2 bedroom. You can look at the villas at Beach Club, Yacht and Boardwalk. They have 2 bedroom villas but they are very pricey.( We are thinking of renting two studios for the extra room and cheaper cost.) Both AKL and WL have villas. We loved them both but stayed in the regular rooms.With your kids ages though, you should look at the Beach and yacht club. I would also look into Port Orleans. We loved it there too and it will be a lot less money. Good Luck!

I would look into SSR. Keep in mind renting points would more than likely be cheaper than paying rack rate with free dining.

I agree with the Deluxe CL room at the WL. We loved that room and we are a family of 6. The CL lounge is great to get food and snacks - or even to hang out. We haven't been there since the renovations so I don't how it all turned out. The room is a nice size with a balcony. Great hotel.

You really have to price it out but we are getting two rooms and it is almost always cheaper to do 2 rooms than a 2 bedroom. You can look at the villas at Beach Club, Yacht and Boardwalk. They have 2 bedroom villas but they are very pricey.( We are thinking of renting two studios for the extra room and cheaper cost.) Both AKL and WL have villas. We loved them both but stayed in the regular rooms.With your kids ages though, you should look at the Beach and yacht club. I would also look into Port Orleans. We loved it there too and it will be a lot less money. Good Luck!

I agree 2 rooms is likely cheaper than a DVC Villa. However, Connecting rooms are NEVER guaranteed, no matter what your confirmation or may state. Also none of your children are old enough to be lead on a room reservation. So you & DH would have to split up
Also Yacht Club does not have DVC Villas, Beach Club does.

Villa bookings on cash with free dining and few and far between. By next year, all of the Poly DVC units will be declared to the condo association, so I would expect the discounts there to dry up, as Disney will own very few of them once the declaration is complete.

Poly does have $$$uites in Tonga.

I would rent a 2br DVC villa from the DIS boards or a 3rd party. We've rented from 2 different places and it is most likely cheaper than paying rack rate with free dining. You'll have 2 queens in 1 BR and a king in the other, a full kitchen to eat in to save money and a washer dryer. Some 2 BRs have 3 bathrooms which is a nice bonus.

You'll have 2 queens in 1 BR and a king in the other,

This is only in a dedicated 2BR; in a lock-off, it's a king, queen and sofa bed. So OP should do a lot of research to understand what he/she would be booking.

That said, even via points, the cost difference between a DVC 2BR and an off-site 2BR condo may in fact cause OP to need new pants.

Just reiterating, it's not possible to book connecting rooms at any Disney resort. They can only be requested. Most people who request them do get them, but some don't. Connecting room pairs are not blocked at the time of reservation, so there can always be more requests than there are room pairs on any given day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter