Best Salads in WDW?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where to get a good light salad - that's at a counter service? Sometimes I prefer a lighter meal to get through the rest of the day after eating "poorly" all week ;) Any luck throught out WDW finding one? Thanks!

I'm not sure about this but I am interested in it as well. I don't think there are any at counter service places.

I have to have the Kit Carson chicken salad at Peco's bill's every trip. It is wonderful.

Salads are pretty easy to find at WDW and each park has at least one counter service place that has them.

found but haven't tried the following at counter service places

Back lot express in MGM has a sesame chichen salad that sounds good

I've also read good things here about the Garden Galley Salad at Columbia Harbor house (MK)

Sunshine season food fair in Epcot has 2 salads (chef and grilled chicken) and a salad wrap on the menu

Plaza pavillioin in MK has a chicken garden salad

Tusker house in AK has a chicken salad but it does not describe it enough to know if it is chicken over greens or if it is a chicen/mayo type salad like what would be on a sandwich

I like the taco salad at Cantina de San Angel ... It comes in a taco shell which I usually don't eat (I find that too heavy). If you're vegetarian, they'll make it without the chicken for you (I think it's slightly cheaper this way too). I also like the chicken salad at the Flame Tree BBQ at AK ... ask for the dressing on the side, they tend to put a bit much on sometimes.

I had some really excellent salads from counter service at various sites in the "World."

Kit Carson salad at Pecos Bill in MK was excellent-- greens with chicken and jicama and some sort of lime dressing.

The Land Salad at Sunshine Season Food Court in Epcot was also excellent. Greens with julianned chicken and ham and balsamic vinegar dressing. Served with a soft breadstick.

Southwest Chicken Salad at Blizzard Beach-- Greens and bits of fried chicken, with a black bean salsa and mango vinagrette-- Excellent.

Side Salad at Yakitori House in Epcot-- Just greens but an excellent ginger dressing.

Chicken Salad at Tusker House-- can't remember what it was called-- chicken with greens and balsamic vinagrette-- served with focaccia bread. Very good.

Cobb Salad at Sand Trap Bar and Grill-- huge salad with chicken, blue cheese, bacon, tomato, (egg if you want it). Very good.

The first themepark meal we had on our recent trip was at Pecos Bill-- the salad was so good there that I was on a total salad kick for the entire trip-- The quality of the salads was really very good. I agree with the reader who suggested there might be too much dressing on some of the salads. At the themeparks, however, they seemed to be premixed in a large bowl and then portioned out to individual servings. you might have to wait a bit if you asked for dressing on the side...

Beatnik

It's not counter service but we love the Patriots Salad at Liberty Tree Tavern for a light lunch. It is GREAT!

The Chicken Caesar at the Liberty Inn at the American Adventure in Epcot is WONDERFUL!

Large stips of grilled chicken. mmmmmmmm

Debbie

I love the Garden Galley Salad at Columbia Harbour House. If I remember correctly, it has chicken, greens, fresh pineapple chunks, feta cheese, and pecans, with a light (maybe lime vinaigrette?) dressing - yummy!
I also enjoy the Kit Carson salad at Pecos Bill's. That also has a different but good combination of ingredients. I found, after trying these two salads, that the plain chicken caesar salads that are served at many of the counter service restaurants were just too boring for me!

The chicken Caesar at Cosnic Rays in the MK is quite tasty.

Anne

are all the salads premade or can you get them minus cheese or whatever? I hate having to pick bits of things out and do not like unmelted cheese ( it is not "fond" of me either:))
Thanks

My first thought was also the Kit Carson salad at Peco Bills. What's especially nice is that you can get it either with or without chicken. I also eat so many sweets that a salad makes me feel healthy for a change (after Ghiardelli's or B&C sundaes for lunch!)

Where can you get salads tha dont come with dressing on them. I hate most kinds of dressing, and dont like the thought of fruit stuff as a salad dressing-yes i know i am probably missing some real good stuff, but mango or lime just turn my stomach-. Can you get regular stuff, like ranch or ceasar or italian at any of those places or are you stuck carrying around your own salad dressing?

I like this from Pinocchio Village Haus -

Stromboli's Chicken Garden Salad - mixed greens, seasoned chicken, peaches, blue cheese, walnuts $6.39, w/out chicken $4.69

Yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter