Best snacks at animal kingdom

The cheeseburger pods from Satu'li Canteen are a must--I ask for a cup of the creamy herb dressing on the side to dip them in thanks to Molly and they're even better that way. The kid meal is nice for a snack if I don't want to get a full bowl.

I am also a huge fan of the African spiced corn from Harambe fruit market (not the outdoor food court situation with stalls. the actual fruit stand). It's basically elote without the cheese and it's fantastic.

Frozen Chai at Royal Anandapur. I think they have a froze matcha too.
Chicken Dumplings Mr Kamal's
Cocktails at Dawa Bar
Tiger Tail from Isle of Java
Cinnamon Roll from Kusafiri
Pineapple Lumpia & giant pretzel Pongu Pongu
We used to get the Dole Whip with rum at Tamu Tamu, but the only use coconut rum now. They have a Dole Whip float with Pineapple Hard Cider that sounds good.

There was a pretty mango/passionfruit cheesecake in Harambe market that was quite tasty (not sure if it's still there). Pineapple lumpia, African corn, and cheeseburger pods are go-tos.

Nobody has mentioned the churros at Nomad. Best churros on Disney property (which isn’t a stretch). They whey are GF, and very crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

Mr. Kamal’s fries
Mac n cheese at 8 spoon cafe
Pulled pork jelly donut sandwich 8 spoon
Buffalo chicken chips at Trilo Bites
Harissa chicken salad wrap Kusafari
Ice cream cookie sandwich Dino bites
Hot dog in pastry Satuli

AK has the best snacks, in my opinion! My faves are the Harambe Fruit Market corn on the cob, anything at Satuli Canteen, Mr. Kamal's fries and sauce to dip in and the ice cream cookie sandwich at Dino Bites. Have fun!!

Zuri's Sweet Shop has the Butter Bars-the same ones from the Werther's Karmel Kuchen in Epcot. I love those, but I usually save getting them from Epcot itself. That way I can get the caramel smell from the shop.

I’m certainly not one to yuck someone’s yum, but we found Mr. Kamal’s fries to be underwhelming. The seasoning was fine, definitely a salt forward seasoning mix, but the sauce was basically mayonnaise and ketchup with maybe the tiniest bit of heat. Apparently the sauce used to be interesting, but the one that was available in December was boring. Just didn’t feel worth the money for fries.

Otherwise I’d echo the other recommendations.

IMG_6876.jpeg

Frozen Chai at Royal Anandapur. I think they have a froze matcha too.
Chicken Dumplings Mr Kamal's
Cocktails at Dawa Bar
Tiger Tail from Isle of Java
Cinnamon Roll from Kusafiri
Pineapple Lumpia & giant pretzel Pongu Pongu
We used to get the Dole Whip with rum at Tamu Tamu, but the only use coconut rum now. They have a Dole Whip float with Pineapple Hard Cider that sounds good.
I’ll second the Dawa’s cocktails. My favorite used to be the jalapeño pretzels but they have been gone for several years now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter