Best split stay

Personal preference is a 3/4 or a 4/3 split, not really a fan of MK as much as Epcot/HS and AK so my splits tend to be AK/Epcot area resort.
This is us - Kids are older and we do MK much less these days. Several days to relax at AKL and several to enjoy the EPCOT resort for the location - we love BCV, and will enjoy the EPCOT festivals and HS, both easy, walkable access.

We've done a 5/5 between AKV and BWV and a 6/7 between BLT and AKV. We always have a car, so that makes everything easier IMO. I might do 4 nights, but ADRs get more difficult with a shorter stay. I really wish they would change that rule. We're doing 10 nights at BWV in 2 weeks and we have a 5/5 place holder booked for next May at BLT. We're hoping to split between VGF and Riviera. Of those two, which would be better to try to book first? Leaving the "better" resort for the second leg. I'm budgeted point-wise for the most expensive room view at each resort, though it looks like I might have a shot at standard at VGF. Riviera not so much. 2 bedroom is what we book.

We literally only do split stays now! We go down for 8+ days at a time so we break it up to 4/4 between two resorts. Our experience is that a BWV/BCV and PVB/GF split is really where it's at. You can get three of the four parks in without ever touching a bus.

We've also slowed down at the parks considerably, even with two elementary aged children, and find that we really enjoy spending a full day or two just at each resort, It allows us to really explore and enjoy the resorts, but also gives us a nice rest from long park days.

Generally I don't like less than 3 nights in a resort, though we are doing a 5/2 at Copper Creek and AKV in September. Taking DIL and granddaughter and we all want to try out AKV. Hopefully won't be too bad since we won't really need to unpack much at AKV then we'll be going home. Not my ideal but should work ok

We usually do split stays, but I personally will not do it without a car. I just like keeping my luggage with me. You should see my separation anxiety for checked bags on the airplane. 😜 Sometimes we will just stay at one resort, but only if it’s a short trip, under 7 days.

We absolutely prefer having a car with us for split stays. I agree it makes the transition much simpler and convenient. Although the luggage transfer service Disney provides is very nice - if somewhat unpredictable regarding when your bags will arrive at the new resort!

For only a weeklong vacation, I won't book a split stay. If we're staying 10 days, I'd probably do a 4/6 split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter