• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best spots to relax with a churro in both parks

In DL:
- The benches around the hub. You can people watch while eating the churro
- In Tropical Hideaway where you can watch the jungle cruise boats pass by
- Grab a churro and watch Mickey and the Magical map, Story telling at the royal theatre

In DCA:
- Redwood Creek Challenge trail. Lots of benches and it's shaded
- The benches along Sunset blvd. Another great place to people watch

In DL:
- The benches around the hub. You can people watch while eating the churro
- In Tropical Hideaway where you can watch the jungle cruise boats pass by
- Grab a churro and watch Mickey and the Magical map, Story telling at the royal theatre

In DCA:
- Redwood Creek Challenge trail. Lots of benches and it's shaded
- The benches along Sunset blvd. Another great place to people watch

Thanks for mentioning TH. We haven't been there and wondered if you can see JC boats. Perfect.

Only spot I know we found last year on accident. Near matterhorn is the cart. Then there is a wonderful spot yo sit and relax by the lagoon. It is the the old launch for the long gone motor boat attraction.

I stumbled upon that spot once too and was surprised by how quiet it was. Will definitely keep that in mind.

I would have said Court of Angels. Now, I'd take it over to Tom Sawyer's Island and just sit on a bench and watch the Twain go by. Or even better yet, jump on the Twain and have the churro from the top deck while you watch the world disappear as you enter the wildnerness.

We have never ridden the Twain and I'm so excited to this time! Thanks for the suggestion.

Great thread title because it's Churro-specific. I wonder if the food/treat choice changes which place is best? I've come to believe turkey legs are required to be eaten while walking. This could lead to dozens of threads.

Our Churro spot always seems to be Fantasmic!, waiting for the show. They are usually cranking them out to meet demand, so they are hot & fresh. Wakes you up a bit, at the end of a long day.

I agree about each area being treat specific! I have 10am churro and coffee time every day in the park. As soon as the carts come out around 10am I'm the first in line, wherever we are. So I find any place to enjoy, often in line for the next ride. Waiting for Fantasmic! is cotton candy time for us... an after dinner treat. Pirate Lair Island is where we take popcorn to munch on while the kids play in the caves.

Great thread title because it's Churro-specific. I wonder if the food/treat choice changes which place is best? I've come to believe turkey legs are required to be eaten while walking. This could lead to dozens of threads.

Our Churro spot always seems to be Fantasmic!, waiting for the show. They are usually cranking them out to meet demand, so they are hot & fresh. Wakes you up a bit, at the end of a long day.
No, no, no, no, no. :sad2: :yo-yo:
Everybody knows the best place for a turkey leg is in the tiki room. How on earth are you going to eat that monster and walk at the same time. :D

There is a little front porch where you can sit on the right side of Main street as you face the castle. There is a bench and some chairs there. I love sitting up there and people watching. Our favorite game is guess how many days a person has been visiting the parks by how they're walking.:D

DL- I really love the Fowler's Harbor area (behind Harbor Galley), but there's another great spot near the Mark Twain boarding area just after the snack kiosk that sells beverages, Turkey Legs, corn, etc.-right next door is a wooden "shipping area" (so this would be across from BTMRR fast pass distribution) and there are a tables and chairs. There's also a churro cart across from the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe (if memory serves correctly), so near enough that your churro would still be warm by the time you walked to the seating area. I love both of these somewhat out of the way spots next to the river.

CA-For some reason we never get churros in DCA. But my favorite spot in the entire park is the pathway near GRR, I think it used to be a smoking area, so if I had a churro in hand that's where I'd want to go to enjoy it.

Last edited:
DL- I really love the Fowler's Harbor area (behind Harbor Galley), but there's another great spot near the Mark Twain boarding area just after the snack kiosk that sells beverages, Turkey Legs, corn, etc.-right next door is a wooden "shipping area" (so this would be across from BTMRR fast pass distribution) and there are a tables and chairs. There's also a churro cart across from the entrance to the Golden Horseshoe (if memory serves correctly), so near enough that your churro would still be warm by the time you walked to the seating area. I love both of these somewhat out of the way spots next to the river.

CA-For some reason we never get churros in DCA. But my favorite spot in the entire park is the pathway near GRR, I think it used to be a smoking area, so if I had a churro in hand that's where I'd want to go to enjoy it.
That path behind Grizzly is one of my favorites! Both when I was a smoker and even more so now that it isn't smelling of cigarette smoke when you walk through it. (As a former smoker I prefer to not be around people who smoke; it's too tempting to want to start again).

We also love the area behind Harbor Galley too. I also enjoy sitting on the planters in NOS and just people watching. Hungry Bear on the lower level used to be a favorite until the path changed for Galaxy's edge so it is no longer right on the water. I would also suggest back behind Matterhorn in the former smoking area by Autopia's track under the monorail or the tables that jet out into the water between Autopia and IASW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter