• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Sushi at Disney?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
Is there any good sushi at Disney? I have looked at some of the reviews for Kona and Kiminos and most of them are saying the sushi isn't that great. Is there sushi at any other restaurant that I am missing?

California Grill, Tokyo Dining, Morimoto, and Splittsville are others worth looking into.

I would add Kona Island at the Polynesian. I'll admit we have never eaten there because it isn't a full service dinner but the sushi always looked good.

California Grill is excellent but I must have hit Kona on an off day. It was fine but nothing memorable. I'll also add I've had good luck at Kimonos at the Swan.

California Grill has been hit or miss for us. Kimonos is generally very good, though the last time we were there it wasn’t quite up to par. What we’ve had at Morimoto has been good, but we generally don’t get much sushi there because the ribs are so amazing.

California Grill is excellent but I must have hit Kona on an off day. It was fine but nothing memorable. I'll also add I've had good luck at Kimonos at the Swan.
California Grill was our favorite until they had a refurbishing and the Sushi chef ,who was the first female to train in Japan retired after 25 years. Since them it's been mediocre at bast so we stopped going there. We've been to Kimono's once and thought it was excellent and would go back again. Have been to Tokyo in Epcot and thought was pretty good as well although that was at least 10 years ago.

Suggestion:
Kimonos - just get simple nigiri. I think it's a hidden gem. The quality for the price keeps me going back. For the value, imo, it's better to spend my money there, than overpaying for a lot of other stuff in wdw. If you stick with simple nigiri, you probably won't be paying that much more than your neighborhood sushi joint at home, AND, the quality is there, for the most part.

Kimonos is my personal favorite and have no complaints with Tokyo Dining either. My opinion is a bit jaded with Morimoto, we were there a few weeks after they opened and while the sushi was good, the service was atrocious. But I'm willing to give it another try and chalk it up to a new place with new people before passing judgment on it.

The Spicy Kazan roll at California Grill is excellent. It's pricey but worth it.

California Grill, Tokyo Dining, Morimoto. Have never tried Kimonos, so can't compare.

My personal rankings:

1. Morimoto Asia (widest selection of fish; don't go by what is listed online and sit upstairs at the sushi bar)
2. Kimonos (tradtional, consistent, not overpriced)
3. California Grill (good, but limited selection of fish; even more expensive than Morimoto!)
4. Tokyo Dining - Epcot (great service and view; limited selection, but decent quality, OK prices for where it is)
5. Kona Island (overpriced, limited selection, noisy hotel lobby ambiance)
6. Quick service locations (hard pass)

Haven't had sushi at Splitsville, so I can't rank it.

Is there any good sushi at Disney? I have looked at some of the reviews for Kona and Kiminos and most of them are saying the sushi isn't that great. Is there sushi at any other restaurant that I am missing?

Kimono's is the best sushi on property, imho. We go every trip.

I had a good plate at CA Grill (double tuna crunch roll) that I really enjoyed. I've also tried some from Kona Island but man, that stuff was on par with grocery store sushi that I can get for a fraction of the price elsewhere. I really want to try Tokyo Dining's sushi.

We introduced our kids to sushi at Kona and it isn't bad at all. All sushi at Disney is super overpriced though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter