• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Sushi?

skorpie

Love the magic
We have a trip planned for August 23-26. Currently have a reservation for Kona Cafe on our arrival day. We are staying at the GF and do have a car this trip. DH loves sushi that is why I booked Kona at 60 day out. However, he would like to try Kimono’s. I think that it is still closed. We once tried Morimoto and wants to try somewhere else. I cannot find out if Kimono’s is open yet. Can anyone help in the quest for sushi?

Kimono's was open last week when we were there. It's worth the drive over - best sushi on-property, IMHO.

Thanks to everyone for their replies! So far we’ll keep Kona Cafe but will still try for Kimono. Was having trouble getting it to load on MDE.

Their online menu looked pretty limited and seemed to offer mostly basic rolls. Do they offer a larger selection than the menu shows?

The menu on the Disney site might be what you are referring to? They'll usually have a few specials along with the normal menu on the Swan / Dolphin website. Kimonos is a bargain for simple nigiri. The quality is there, and you're not really paying the Disney premium, so it's like having sushi in your hometown at a decent place for the same price. If I'm at Wallyworld for more than 4 or 5 days, and staying at an Ep resort, I'm probably having dinner at Kimonos twice. The quality for the price is on point. It's better than overpaying for average food elsewhere, imo.

The menu on the Disney site might be what you are referring to? They'll usually have a few specials along with the normal menu on the Swan / Dolphin website. Kimonos is a bargain for simple nigiri. The quality is there, and you're not really paying the Disney premium, so it's like having sushi in your hometown at a decent place for the same price. If I'm at Wallyworld for more than 4 or 5 days, and staying at an Ep resort, I'm probably having dinner at Kimonos twice. The quality for the price is on point. It's better than overpaying for average food elsewhere, imo.
Great, thanks. And yes, I was referring to the Disney site menu.

If it is open, sit at the sushi bar at Morimoto. Did that one night and it was awesome. Just have the chef make you whatever he wants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter