Best time for smallest crowds?

PRB

Earning My Ears
Hi. Me again with more questions. When are the crowds smallest at Epcot? I'd kinda like to go in May BEFORE school's out, so not so many kiddies. (Yes, I love children, but this is MY vacation!) :p

Also - IF I'm going only to Epcot, where would y'all suggest I stay? I'd like to stay inside the complex if the rates aren't outrageous...otherwise, any nice nearby motel would do. Help?

The first 3 weeks of May is a good time to go. The crowds are very light, and the Flower and Garden Festival is going on in Epcot. Most schools don't get out until the last week of May or the first 2 weeks in June, so if you can go the first 3 weeks of May, that is a great time of year to go.

If you're focusing mainly on Epcot, I'd reccomend staying at one of the Epcot resorts (Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin). If these are out of your price range, Disney's Caribbean Beach is just a short distance away from Epcot, and runs approximately $133/night.

Have a great trip! :)

The earlier in May the better, as it warms up (gets hot) as the month goes on. Early May is supposedly a real good time in terms of low crowds. I stay at BCV solo, one reason is that I spend so much time in Epcot, and since we're DVC members it's affordable (recently added 100 BCV points specifically for my solo trips there). I know other solos who've rented points from DVC members-there's a board here for point rentals-which would make BCV much more affordable. Over on that board, they can help you with the whole point-rental thing, if it's new to you (as it pretty much is to me). I love BCV studios solo!

Thank you both SO much!!! All that info helps tremendously. First week in May sounds like my target! :)

September is even better - hotter and more humidity than May - but much lower crowds....

The least amount of crowds in all of the parks is the first week of December.

I have also found that the weeks in February that do not have presidents day weekend in it are also fairly empty, as is the second week of January. The challenge is that the weather can be rather cool.

December is definetely the best time to go. All the christmas decorations are up, and there are hardly any lines. My brother and I rode test track twice in a row, and Splash Mountain thirteen times in a row without even getting off the ride!

Most of Jan., first two weeks of February, first few weeks of May, September, November (except Thanksgiving) and first few weeks in December. You have to watch out for any holidays during these times as it will be a given that the parks will be crowded. As far as Epcot, any of the hotels in the area are great (BC/YC, BW, Swan and/or Dolphin). However, if your not looking to come up with $110 or better per night to stay there, you may want to consider staying at a moderate like PO (only a 5 minute drive away) or renting BW DVC points for Sun-Thurs. stay. Have fun.

Awww, yeah! We are going in early December this year! I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations....the anticipation of Christmas is almost better than the real thing, IMO.

I'm taking my boyfriend for his first Disney trip ever in December, the first week. Everyone seems to agree that this is an excellent time to go - the decorations, the weather, the lack of crowds, etc.

DH and I really enjoyed our trips October through March--crowds are relatively small and the weather was gorgeous. IMO the Magic Kingdom is ALWAYS crowded on weekends--if you're planning to go to MK, try a weekday.

We may go back in May, but it's already getting pretty hot--we would end up only going to the parks in the evening.

Hi all. I'm so happy I discovered these disney boards! I have gotten so much info it's great!

Anyway - hubby and I are staying June 3rd-June 7th. How bad will the crowds be ya think? I don't think schools are out that early - atleast in the NorthEast they don't close till may the 15th/16th.

Any experiences people can share for this time period. We aren't so worried about heat. We plan on carrying lots of water and dressing as cool as possible!

28 days to go!!!!!!!!!!

meaneaus in disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter