Best Time to Go?

JesseDisney

Mouseketeer
Just a question for all of you who have been at many different times throughout the year, What is the best time to go, as far as crowds and weather go??? I have only been the week before presidents week and Presidents week :scared1:
Thanks

So far my favorite has been early January. The Christmass decorations are still out and they look great. Especially the Grand Floridian.
Theo

I like just after labor day in September. Dead time as kids are just going back to school.

January is okay, but it's being loaded up with marathons and cheerleading events. It's becoming more crowded then, I think.

I also like early May, but we hit the waterparks then to cool off.

Also like October, but have not been there at that time in a while.

Want to try early December as well.

Early May is my favorite time. The heat and humidity is still perfectly tolerable. Schools are still in session and you don't get many parents pulling their kids out that close to the end of the year. Flower and Garden fest at Epcot. Good times!

My favorite is early December, although we really like January too. This year we are trying mid May, and next year we will do March again and November.

Early May is my favorite time. The heat and humidity is still perfectly tolerable. Schools are still in session and you don't get many parents pulling their kids out that close to the end of the year. Flower and Garden fest at Epcot. Good times!

Might have to shoot your bubble on early May. Our district now has a 4 day weekend if we have a May special election, so we are heading down next week.

Actually from observing my eldest DS's school work, as soon as those state tests are done they really start crusising to the last day. I think taking an elementary student out in May might be easier than October.

Might have to shoot your bubble on early May. Our district now has a 4 day weekend if we have a May special election, so we are heading down next week.

Well, I didn't mean to imply that there wouldn't be ANY kids there. We've visited in May for the last several years and I took my kids out of school. ;) But it's certainly no MLK weekend, President's Day weekend, Spring Break, etc. Overall crowds are low.

May, October, and November are our favorite times. We also go quite a bit in December & January but the weather can be hit or miss during those months.

But come to think of it, even July/August is better than not going at all!

We went end of September last year and loved it. Good weather and very small crowds. We have previously been there for Presidents week,July and August. I want to get there in Dec one year.

we've gone the week after thanksgiving several times and have LOVED it....christmas decorations are all up by then, crowds are minimal (starting the sunday/monday after thanksgiving), and temps are still in the 70's or so. awesome time to go!

If you are looking for the lowest crowd levels and decent weather then January is the best time to go.

October would be your second best.

Early December would be your 3rd best choice.

I think it depends on what you are looking for:

Early December can be really nice - Christmas decorations are up. But its often a little chilly - especially if you want to swim, and if what you are looking for is a BW Standard View room at seven months out you may not have much luck.

October is wonderful - warm weather, but not too hot. Food and Wine. MNSSHP. It seems to get more crowded each year, but its managable. However, you have that DVC popularity problem again. And Food and Wine can make getting through Epcot difficult. We like October, but I could do without Food and Wine making my vacation harder.

July is hot and crowded - but there is an energy for summer at Disney - the parks are open very late and it can be a great time to go if you prefer nights - a lot of the low crowd times you'll find the MK closed at six.

Some people swear by Christmas - too crowded for me, but again, the energy at Disney is supposed to be particularly magical at this time of year.

So pick your time and weight the pros and cons.

Thank you so much for your input. I have gone four times in Feb, and I have one trip planned Nov 11-18 2007, and Jan 21-28th of 2008.
Thanks agian

I've been there for President's week (twice) :eek: , end of March/early April :yay: , week between Christmas and New Years :scared1: , and the last week of August into Labor Day :beach: . Everytime was different, crowds, weather, age of my boys, where we stayed in the World. As boys are now at an age where we don't think they should miss any school time, we are staying with the end of August as it really ends the Summer on a good note. :cheer2: It's not as crowded but it is hot, but hey, so is NY at that time of year. I know it's also hurricane season, but we are hopeful that we only have to deal with the occasional thunderstorm.

Besides, any day at Disney is better than a day at work.:cool1:

October is great, September quiet but hot. I think August is like a badge of honor so I am looking forward to one of those sweltering trips (seriously).

We like October best for the weather and relatively light crowds, although it has become more crowded with the popularity of F&W lately.

When we just want peace and quiet, January, but it's often too cold for "just hanging out by the pool."

I've always gone during Easter. The weather is usually good (although this past easter was not so great) but the crowds are massive and there are always people everywhere.

We used to love August, till Disney started running all the discount promotions -- now August can be quite crowded as well as reallllllly hot and humid.
Early November visits have been lovely -- warm, while not hot and usually not too terribly crowded.
My favorite FL weather is May, but I haven't really been to the parks in May, so I don't know how the crowds are.
Christmas is really magical - but super crowded. If you want the mood without the crowds, go in the first week of January.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter