Best times for TS Breakfast Reservations

lynnzrae

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

We like to do the deluxe dining plan. (We just got back and loved having a drink with our meal. :) ). We like to do so many 2-fers that it ends up being a breakfast and dinner every day. Historically we have always done the first breakfast seating, wherever it is we go and then a 5/5:30 dinner which we do after a nap/break...

This year, there was one day that we ate at Crystal Palace with an 8:05 reservation which also happened to be a EMH morning at MK so we missed out on that extra hour in the am. This got me thinking...should we be doing something different with our dining strategies? Would it be better to grab a snack in the early am and then do a later breakfast/early lunch when it starts getting crowded? Are EMH in the am so "not to miss that it is worth doing this?"

The problem with doing it later in the am is that it pigeonholes us with three small kids you never know how long they will last. Plus, maybe they won't sit well because they are so tired?

I don't see us getting rid of the deluxe dining (and for us is two TS meals a day) so working within that confine any advice, thoughts, tips is much appreciated.

I don't have any tips but I'd just liketo follow this thread since I have the same question.

In my opinion, yes, we prefer to get our touring done early, when the crowds are low, and then eat a late breakfast, that also doubles as our lunch.

We won't schedule any ADRs before about 10:30-11 am, otherwise you'll be missing out on valuable park touring time. The only possible exception is a PPO ADR, but even those can feel rushed trying to get done in time. It's really only BOG that still gives you a PPO advantage and only when the park hours don't change last minute.

In my opinion, EMH and rope drop are totally worth moving some other stuff around. How about using snack credits for a breakfast on-the-go and then having an early 1-credit lunch, perhaps at 11:00? Is that too close to dinner for you?

Here's a typical Disney day for us:

-Somebody gets up early to use snack credits to pick up CS breakfast items for others getting ready in the room
-EMH and/or rope drop to enjoy lower crowds
-Here come the crowds about 11:00 am, so it's time to have a nice lunch
-Resort time: pool, naps, relax, snack
-Early dinner, 5:30ish
-Evening entertainment: rides, shows, fireworks, etc.

With” 3 small kids” I would not schedule a Signature ADR later than 5-5:30, as you are.

Last trip we kept some Nabs in the room and ate a couple of those to give us enough energy to make it through rope-dropping a headliner and doing stand-by on one other ride before stopping for a more substantial and convenient QS breakfast before we started in on our FastPasses. It worked out particularly well at Epcot and MK. At Epcot, we did Soarin', ate at Sunshine Seasons (which was all but empty), did Living with the Land, then headed out to our first FP+ (Test Track). At MK we did Mine Train and then Peter Pan, went and grabbed breakfast wraps from the Main St. Bakery, then sat up top outside of the train station over-looking Town Square to eat. Mary Poppins came up there and we had her all to ourselves for a nice little visit! Then she went on her way and we hopped on the train and headed to Frontierland for our first FP+ (BTMRR).

I couldn't make it happen so perfectly again if I tried, but that was a pretty nice impromptu private character breakfast with a lovely view of the castle and a convenient ride to our FastPass afterward!

I love leaving things a little more open like that, because that's when the pixie dust tends to come tinkling down. :)

But I'd definitely say if you want to keep the bigger breakfasts, do them later. Grab something super quick/cheap/on the go to keep you alive through early touring, then go enjoy a good "brunch" while the parks get crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter