"Best" Ultra-Compact P&S

boBQuincy

<font color=green>I am not carrying three pods<br>
The folks at DPReview.com have stuck their necks out again and reviewed a bunch of tiny cameras with the intention of finding the best of the bunch.
I am confused why they did not include Canon's SD1100 instead of the SD790 but they are somewhat similar.

Anyway, for someone wanting one for themselves or for a gift, the top ones in this review should not disappoint. Ymmv... ;)

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408slimgroup/

Their results were a little strange for those relying on the conclusions (the Nikon was a recommended choice and tied for runner up, despite fairly harsh panning of it in the actual review for functionality and notable IQ issues, while the Sony was only runner up despite fairly high praise on functionality and IQ...and the Panasonic got hit pretty hard on some IQ issues especially at anything but base ISO, yet was tied with the Canon). Oh well - at least you can just read the specs and look at the results for yourself and form your own opinion on any of these!

You can't go too wrong nowadays with most cameras, as the test reveals...and it's nice of them to offer such a test for folks to view - but I'd probably recommend relying more on the test shots and specs than their actual recommendations...which are not always going to be entirely free of bias for a brand one of the testers happens to use or like (or dislike!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter