best use of DDP credits ??

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
my niece is taking her two daughter in august......ages 4 and 2. The two year old is of course free but she was told must eat off her plate. my question is can she order an adult meal for her 4 year old and have them split using only one credit? I have been told in the past that a TS or CS credit is not differentiated between adult and child, but just listed in general as a meal credit. Wondering if this is still true.

The meal credits are listed as meal credits (as of 5/13), but the plan states that children must order off the children's menu if one is available.

Depending on how much the kids eat, they can share a child's entree. In some restaurants, children can order adult appetizers (because there are no children's appetizers on the menu). There is a ton of food on the DDP. No matter which meal the 2 year old shares, there will be plenty for her to share. As 2 adults, my teen and I could never eat all the food that we received on the plan. We frequently took home desserts and sometimes part of the entrees too.

At buffets/all you can eat meals, the 2 year old gets to go to the buffet at no charge.

I will be traveling with a 2 year old and 2 other kids on the DDP. I am planning on them sharing several meals with each other (we will all sort of share the wealth with the baby). It is tons of food. For example at Spoodles, my 5 year old will eat the appetizer as her meal while my 8 year old eats the entree and then they'll split the dessert. Doesn't work that way at every place but they can easily share between the two of them.

We just got back from a few days at WDW and had the dining plan for my 5 year old (not the 21 month old) often we had them spilt meals, the only times we didnt' is when my 5 year old wanted something the 21 month old couldn't eat. (even then we should of really, the 5 year old ate more of the babies food then her own.) :rolleyes:

The counter service it doesn't mater. At Peco's bills they don't have a kids hamburger meal (just hot dog). I got a double hambuger and gave each girl a patty, as that is all they eat, (not the bun.) It worked out great. BTW the hamburgers there are good, and the topping are great.

My friends had kids the same age. They had more of a problem because they wanted to get each kid there own meal. The thing is they really should of spilt. More often then not you have 2 half meals left over. At Coral Reef the waitress talked them into just ordering one kids pizza, and if they wanted a 2nd she would bring it out in a flash. They did just fine with only one.

What I would do is take turns letting the kids chose what they want. Bring your own sippy cup for the under 3 year old so you don't have to buy a drink. It is just easier not to have 2 bills at the end of the meal.

We saved a lot on the plan, but we wouldn't have ate that much or that expensive if we weren't on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter