• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Vegetarian food at WDW?

abeautybutafunnygirl

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
I'm currently dreaming of my next WDW vacation (hopefully this summer!), and thinking about everything I want to eat while I'm there. I'm always on the lookout to try something new. I was just wondering, for all my fellow vegetarians, what are your favourite meals/snacks in WDW?

Tangerine Cafe is one of my favorites as well. Spice Road table (which is basically right across the street from Tangerine Cafe) is another favorite with many vegetarian options, it is a TS restaurant but we have found that it is very casual if you sit outside on the patio.

It's actually hard for me to try to think of specific places and items because there are actually MANY very good vegetarian options at WDW now. Take a look at the menus - I always do this before we go because there are always new things being added. I'm not a vegetarian but I often order the vegetarian options because many times they are the yummiest sounding option.

Ditto to Tangierine cafe. For other QS in EP I also like the cheese empanadas at La Cantina de San Angel. For TS dinner, La Hacienda has a vegetarian menu available by request and I love their enchiladas dinner. For TS lunch/dinner Tutto Italia has a nice pasta dish prepared with fresh cheese and arugula.

For QS in MK, Pecos Bill is my favorite. Tip - order a side of beans and rice and fix them up with toppings. Less expensive than ordering one of the entrees minus the meat. Another thing is if we are on the other side of the park I go for a side of mashed potatoes and green beans at Cosmic Rays. Or broccoli and cous cous at CHH. The cheese flatbread at Pinocchio Village Haus has been hit or miss for me - when fresh, it's yummy, but not so much when it's cold or been sitting a while. For TS, I have no idea - LTT used to have a tasty potato and quinoa burger but now they've switched to the family style menu that is meat heavy.

At AK, I usually snack for QS - there are several carts with things like edamame, fresh fruit, samosas, hummus and veggies. For TS, I love Yak and Yeti - they will sub tofu for the meat in their lo mein, and the portion could easily be shared. They also will sub tofu for chicken in the lettuce cup appetizer.

At HS, I have the hardest time. I've heard there is a QS that sells baked potatoes. Not sure which one but I will be researching this before our next trip. So far, I either eat Cobb salad at HBD (outside in the lounge area can be nice and relaxing, especially with a glass of wine) - anyway, they will make it without meat and add extra avocado and bleu cheese upon request - or we hop over to EP.

For sweet snacks, well there are so many options! I usually enjoy a couple of caramel peanut apples (they will slice them if you ask and they are a good option for breakfast or mid morning snack), and I really like the soft serve at Auntie Gravity's in MK Tomorrowland (sundaes and also their orange smoothie). We also have a tradition of a late night ice cream sandwich at the ice cream parlor on MK Main St. These are huge and yummy - choice of 2 soft baked cookies and a large serving of ice cream in between - so large that they are served in bowls.

Okay I've gotta stop typing now - this is making me hungry lol.

There was just recently another post, or 2, on this - that should have a ton of suggestions and you should have no issues at all. Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter