Best Vwl Room Location-1st Ressie!!

BraveMom3

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to pin down my reservation plans for next year, so I call my guide back to make arrangements. I've stayed at WL 3 times, always on the "Magic Kingdom" side, 5th floor. Kids love the view of the Castle, and the pond below that sometimes has some wildlife.

I'm pretty sure that you can't get a view of the Castle or the fireworks from a location in the Villas, so what would be the absolute best view for myself and three EXCITED children (ages 9, 5, and 4)? They love to use the balcony, and see stuff!:) Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Beth

Most all views are of the woods. Within our first 5 minutes on the balconey we were able to see deer forraging amongst the trees. Some lake side villa's overlook the quiet pool and maybe get a glimpse of the lake. In short all views are good, a few may be better than good. Search for "Buckylarue" posts. He has compiled a nice collection of photos including one of the "poorer" views which looks pretty sweet to me.

We were on the second floor in a studio - close to the Lodge. We could see some of the quiet pool, and a sliver of the lake. We could see some of the electrical light pageant from our balcony. In general I think the views are of quiet woods - sort of a get away from it all atmosphere, which can be nice at Disney after all the activity in the parks. Our room was very quiet - we barely even heard the Magic Kingdom fireworks.

We were on the 5 th floor last month overlooking the forest and if we looked to the left we saw the quiet pool. We could barely see the lake through all the trees. It was very quiet and we enjoyed it tremendously. The balcony was nice but I prefer OKW balconies. At VWL all you can have is coffee out on it. My DD's loved coloring at OKW on the balconey and having snacks out there. I did enjoy my morning coffee listening to the noises in the forest, something I don't get much at my real home.

We enjoyed renting bikes and going over to FW zoo. My oldest DD and I saw deer. She was so excited. It was really nice.

Enjoy!!

We just returned from 3 nights on the 5th floor of VWL with a view of the "walkway"/bus stop side. Although noise was not a problem, I suspect that the pool view side of the villas would be more interesting to the kids. You might even get a glimpse of the lake. :)

Also, the balcony on our room was enclosed because the 5th floor is partially built into the roof. Consequently, you could not see out while seated. I don't recall whether this is the same arrangement on the pool/lake side. On the lower floors, the balconies were more open with bars instead of a "box".

We found the villas to be quiet and restful and really enjoyed having the hotel conveniences available from the WL next door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter