Best way to book BWV at 7 mo with a mix of points

hskaggs11

Mouseketeer
I have currently in my account a mix of points: Transferred 35 BWV Home resort points (April 18 UY), and 116 VB Home resort points (mix of August 17 and August 18 UY) that are my own.
I'm wanting to book Boardwalk garden view studio for June 1st thru 10th. It's 165 points total, and I'm 14pts shy, so I will have to purchase 14 OTU points. The 7mo window does not open for another week, Wednesday 11/1. RAT is showing availability for it currently.

What is my best bet in securing this reservation?

My thought is to go online at 8am on my 7mo mark and book as many days as I can, June 1st thru June 6th, using my August '17 UY points, and borrowing August 18UY points.
Then at 9am, call and do a resort modification to book the remaining days (June 7th thru 9th) using my Transferred BWV points, remaining VB August '18 UY points, and purchase the 14 OTU points.

However, I can book one night right now, using my 35 transferred points. Do I do my last night, or a night in the middle of my week, like the 7th? My thought in that is, if I book in the middle of the week, it makes that studio unavailable to those wishing to book the whole week, thus eliminating some of the competition?

Does this make sense to anyone?? My head hurts just thinking about it.

You're not going to block a week with the one night. If I were to do it at all, and I probably wouldn't - I would just wait for the 7 month window - but if I were to book with the transferred points I'd probably do the last night of the reservation. Then yes, book what you can online at the 7 month window and then call an hour later to finish the reservation with OTU points and whatever transferred points remain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter