BEST WEEK in August - 2nd, 3rd or 4th???

Colestat

Obsessed with Disney
I am planning a trip for this August. What are your thoughts on the best week. I can't get the 1st week off from work, so it has to be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Any thoughts?

The closer you get to Labor Day, (but don't include that week) the better. A lot of school districts, especially in the South, start mid-August. It will be very hot and humid in August no matter what week you pick. You might want to check out what the hurricane predictions are for 2003, too.

The 4th week is great! The parks got pretty busy on Sat because of the Labor Day weekend. Other than the weekend, the lines were minimal and we were able to "wing it". We were able to walk on to most restaurants without a PS. In fact, we booked a PS on CRT the same week we were there.

The only negative is - it's very hot and humid in August, and thunderstorms are common in the afternoon. We didn't mind the thunderstorms coz they were short-lived and brought the temperature down.

If you love waterparks, this would be the ideal time to go.

Have fun planning your trip!

You might want to check out the park hours from last August. They are considerably shorter as you near the end of August, about the third week. Any chance of an E-night would be up to the third week also. There were no E-nights the last week of August in 02.

We have been three times the third week of August and four times the last week of August (not labor day though!). It is amazing how much the crowds drop off between the 3rd and 4th week. The 3rd week last August was pretty manageable. The last week is still my favorite. The parks do close a lot earlier though. I can't remember if you said you kids. Older kids and teens seem to prefer to stay up later. For us, getting back to the hotel and taking a nice relaxing evening swim was just fine. Then we were in bed early to start the next day. I think you would be happy with either choice. Just consider the hours.

We went the first 2 weeks last summer. The secod week was better. Not as many South American tour groups, less crowded and the park was still open later. The parks close earlier the 3 and 4th weeks I believe.

It rained just about every afternoon and yes, it was hot aand humid, but it was worse in Boston!!!

We still had a blast and are goinng back, but this year we have to go the last 2 weeks in July!!!

You'll find alot of us Brits about in August, as the kids are on holiday from school from early July to the beginning of Sept.

Mick

We went the 10th through the 20th. Dont go later in the month. Once college starts up and they loose their college employees the hours shorten. You want to go while the parks are open as long as possible. The trick to beating the heat in Uagust is to go in the morning, lunch and rest at your resort in the afternoons and fo back in the evening til they close.

I have gone in December, May, June, July and August. So far the best trip has been the last two weeks of August. Yes the park hours are shorter but there were no lines at all - we walked off and walked back on Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain as many times as we wanted. We had more rain when we went in June and July then we did in August. It will be hot and humid but so is July. July was the worst - parks were packed and couldn't even get fastpasses for most rides unless you were there first thing in the morning. Plus more hotel deals in August. We are going back the 3rd and 4th week this year!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter