Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

What can I say about this evening, other than it was perfect. The park was still decorated for Christmas and I found it to be breathtaking. It was the one park I was dying to see decorated for the holidays. I honestly thought everything would have been taken down by now since it was the middle-end of January...Not the case. So, this was a major surprise!!! The huge Christmas tree at the entrance of the park, the garlands, luminaries, and lights around the park were a joy to see and I felt like it was Christmas all over again but without the stress of everything that comes with the holidays...
After the ceremony, we walked over to Tiffins and were told there would be a little wait. So, what better way to spend our time while waiting for dinner than to pay a visit to Nomad Lounge next door. It was time to start with a before-dinner cocktail. I started with the Leaping Lizard and I really enjoyed this. Joe had the Boto-Rita. His drink was just ok and we both agreed mine was better. LOL!
Your drinks look great! I always go with Hightower Rocks but Bill tried the Leaping Lizard in July and really liked it.
Our pager went off just as we were paying the tab. So, we settled up and checked in for dinner. We were taken to an awesome table where we had an overview of the entire restaurant. Our server was wonderful and he provided us with a lot of information about the restaurant and how it was decorated. For apps, I had the Tiffins Salad, avocado, tomato, roasted sweet corn, queso fresco, with buttermilk dressing and Joe had the Tiffin's bread service which was actually recommended by @ariane37 This was sooooo good!!!! For our entrees, I had the lobster mac and cheese which is actually a side dish and Joe had the Pan-seared Black Grouper, Fingerling Potatoes, Onion Jam, Frisée-Jicama Slaw, and Cilantro Chutney. Everything was delicious and the service was top notch. Tiffins has now become one of our favorite Signature restaurants in Disney!!! We skipped dessert because there were Mickey bars and popcorn to be had...
Your meal looks amazing! I have never eaten at Tiffins (just appies at Nomads) and feel that I need to make a reservation NOW!
After Hours at AK was dead. At times, it felt like we were the only ones in the park. We rode Navi River (2x), FoP (2x), Dinosaur (2x), Triceratop's Spin, Everest (2x, just Joe), and Primeval Whirl (3x). We didn't have to wait for anything. We stayed until the park closed and agreed we would definitely do this after-hours event again!!!
What an absolutely perfect night!!

Bill tried the Leaping Lizard in July and really liked it.
This was soooo strong but I really liked it and would order it again!

Your meal looks amazing! I have never eaten at Tiffins (just appies at Nomads) and feel that I need to make a reservation NOW!
We had only heard great things about Tiffins and I'm so glad we were able to try it out. It's definitely a fav now.

What an absolutely perfect night!!
Love After Hours!!!!

I'm back! :) Took a couple of weeks off to settle back into "normal" life and started back to work. Which means back to DISsing mostly on the weekends. Boo!

Loved the last....ohhh, I dunno.... like 9 pages. :lmao:

Some comments:

LOVE Tiffins and Nomad- my all-time faves!

Glad your travel was MUCH better than last time!

Mmm, Wine Bar George! Nummy nums!

I think I read of someone else doing the Tea Experience and they liked it too. Glad you enjoyed that!

What a perfect evening! Tiffins looks great and the park really does look deserted! I have never visited AK when it wasn't wall to wall people, after hours definitely seems to be the way to go :thumbsup2

That certainly does look like the perfect evening. Can't beat Nomads, Tiffins, and a nearly empty park.

Some comments:

LOVE Tiffins and Nomad- my all-time faves!

Glad your travel was MUCH better than last time!

Mmm, Wine Bar George! Nummy nums!

I think I read of someone else doing the Tea Experience and they liked it too. Glad you enjoyed that!
We fell in love with Tiffins and Nomad Lounge is always consistently good.
Much better travel, thank goodness!
WBG is really expensive for what you get but the food is delicious...
Suse did the tea too. I think @chunkymonkey just booked it for her and Steve. ❤

What a perfect evening! Tiffins looks great and the park really does look deserted! I have never visited AK when it wasn't wall to wall people, after hours definitely seems to be the way to go :thumbsup2
I love DAH and think it may be the way to go from now on. Sleep in, have brunch, lay in the sun, have dinner, then After Hours...

You guys certainly know how to fill a day:) I love dandering around WOD although there’s so many gorgeous things in there I have a hard time picking:rotfl:
I think the Christmas shop has to be my favourite. I have quite a few tree ornaments from there and they always make me happy 🎄
My youngest LOVES Goofy’s! Seriously it is on his must do list every trip! He does the whole make your own treat thing ( usually the mallow kebab ) which he then eats in the heat of the Florida sun at the bar on the water just up from the store ( can’t remember the name) and he turns into an ooey gooey chocolatey mess but he’s happy and I’m supping alcohol so I’m happy and all is right in the world!!!:thumbsup2:goodvibes
Looking forward to seeing all you bought 😃

You guys certainly know how to fill a day:) I love dandering around WOD although there’s so many gorgeous things in there I have a hard time picking:rotfl:
I think the Christmas shop has to be my favourite. I have quite a few tree ornaments from there and they always make me happy 🎄
My youngest LOVES Goofy’s! Seriously it is on his must do list every trip! He does the whole make your own treat thing ( usually the mallow kebab ) which he then eats in the heat of the Florida sun at the bar on the water just up from the store ( can’t remember the name) and he turns into an ooey gooey chocolatey mess but he’s happy and I’m supping alcohol so I’m happy and all is right in the world!!!:thumbsup2:goodvibes
Looking forward to seeing all you bought 😃
DS is just so awesome. There's something for everyone!!

I’m catching up around here. DAH at AK, wow it really looked dead!
We got to see the Christmas tree up at AK as well, so nice!
It was deader than DAH at MK if you can believe that!!!
I absolutely love the holiday decore at AK. I think it's my favorite.

Hi Friends! Join Joe and me as we finish out our first evening at Disney in Disney Springs...We spend some time shopping in World of Disney, The Marketplace Co-Op, Days of Christmas and Goofy's Candy Co...

Yeah! Joe and Jenn are back again! It is such fun exploring WDW with you both! :woohoo: I know you have been to the Vineland Disney Outlet. Do you think the savings are worth the Uber Ride, or can you find deals at the the World of Disney also? (We will be coming from Bay Lake Tower.)

Hi Friends! Join Joe and me as we finish out our first evening at Disney in Disney Springs...We spend some time shopping in World of Disney, The Marketplace Co-Op, Days of Christmas and Goofy's Candy Co...
Another super cute vlog! Looks like you had an awesome night at the Springs....there is so much to do and see. :)

Yeah! Joe and Jenn are back again! It is such fun exploring WDW with you both! :woohoo: I know you have been to the Vineland Disney Outlet. Do you think the savings are worth the Uber Ride, or can you find deals at the the World of Disney also? (We will be coming from Bay Lake Tower.)

YES!!!! I think the deals are much better at Vineland. I rarely see merch on sale at World of Disney. It's so worth it to go check it out!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter