Better late than never!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I planted a few tulip bulbs today! It's been years since I've done that...when we moved here 13 years ago, 2 friends each gave me an assortment of 100+ bulbs, and gradually they have stopped producing. (Except for my hyacinths...they have been beautiful and fragrant, probably a few less than originally, but still, wow!) Each spring I wish I had done something about it...well, now I can't wait to see the results!

How about you?

Bobbi:flower:

Good thinking planting when you did. It's snowing right now here in NJ. Not a lot but it's wet and cold. Hopefully we'll get a weather break for TG and I'll plant a few bulbs. My tulips aren't coming up any more. Probably buried too deep in years of mulch.

I got my alliums in last week, as well as 25 hyacinth bulbs and some camassia. I've given up on the tulips...they just peter out after a while, and I'm tired of replacing them. My daffs, however, get better year after year!

Glad I got the bulbs in finally, though...it's snowing a little today!

I want to plant bulbs, but have never done this. Is there a certain way to do it, or do you just stick um in the ground. also how deep do they need to be? TIA

I want to plant bulbs, but have never done this. Is there a certain way to do it, or do you just stick um in the ground. also how deep do they need to be? TIA

http://www.flower-gardening-made-easy.com/bulb-planting.html

This is one site of many that gives you an outline...without knowing where you are and what sorts of bulbs you want to plant, I can't be any more specific. In the Northern Tier of states, you have spring flowering and fall flowering bulbs, which are planted at different times of the year. In your area, you will probably see the bulbs offered in the garden centers a good time before they should be planted. Normal depth of planting is 2-3 times deeper than the height of the bulb, and usually it's pointy-side up. When there IS no pointy side, you can usually plant the bulb sideways if you can't figure out top from bottom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter