Beverage Tastings, How are they?

honeybeesmom

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We are sailing soon on the Wonder and were wondering if any can tell us about the Cognac and Champagne tastings? Do you tip after ? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.:upsidedow
thanks

The Champagne Tasting was very informative and interesting. Lots of bubbles. They tell me I had a great time! (JK!) It was very good. I did not attend the Cognac tasting....that I remember (JK!!!!)

I have found all of the tastings to be fun and informative. Summer better than others due to the ability of the bartender to share stories. But all have been a lot of fun.

Do you tip after ?

It is not required, but you can tip afterward if you’ve had a particularly good experience.

Hello,
We are sailing soon on the Wonder and were wondering if any can tell us about the Cognac and Champagne tastings? Do you tip after ? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.:upsidedow
thanks

Champagne is the best one. Especially on 1st day right after cruise sails. Most sailings have them right before or after sailing. A great way to start your vacation celebrating with a bubbly beverage.
Its my favorite one. And most others are great too,
Only ones I dislike are beer: because I'm a beer snob and beers offered on the tasting are below par.
And chocolate & liquor: because I'm not a huge fan of chocolate
All other ones I do the utmost to sign up for them on every cruise.

We've done: tequila (twice), beer, wine (twice), mixology (twice), champagne, chocolate & liquor, cognac, whiskey, and martini. I'm booked for bourbon, amari, mojito, and rum on our upcoming cruise. It's really broadened our horizons. I discovered that the reason I never liked tequila, cognac, whiskey or martinis was because I wasn't trying the good stuff. I would never have tried any of the higher end ones on my own since I figured I didn't like it anyway and I didn't want to pay a high price for something I didn't like. They're informative, fun, a great way to try new things without a big price commitment and it's really good value for the amount you get. Probably about the same price as 2-3 full sized medium-priced drinks but you usually get to try 5 in total and there's normally one that is at the higher price point.

Good to hear that the tasting are worth doing. I've booked several for us on our upcoming Fantasy cruise. Looking forward to putting the GD in the play space and having a little bit of Adult time with my Hubby !:rolleyes1

We love the tastings. The bartenders running them have always been fun and informative.

I'm a fan personally of the martini tastings, and of the mixology class.

I agree with randumb0 that it may be problematic to book two tastings on the same day. Well, unless you are EXTREMELY good at holding your liquor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter