"BIG GIRLS"--Courage inspired by Tank Top thread

snowwhitesmom said:
Well thank the fates that my 36D/38C tatas do just fine with 25.00 bras YIKES! if they were any bigger I would have to consider making the investment, as I know what you mean by the need for support that some ladies have - but 66.00? Times 7?[I like to have a bra for every day of the week - kinda like day of the week undies when I was a kid - know what I mean?] :lmao:

Yes, I totally understand. Although, I am one of those low maintenance bra women. I only have 4 and I rotate them. I bought 2 IPEX bras at $48.00 and thought I would have a heart attack. As for undies, I've got some kind of weird thing going with that. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jockey French Cuts and I have about 50 pair in my drawer. They never fall apart so I never feel like I can throw them out.

Well, if you ever join an exchange, and I get your name, I know what to throw in as an extra - Jockey French Cut Undies!:teeth:

How does $14.99 *and* DH thinks it's very sexy :rolleyes1 , pretty colors, it's comfy, and it does the job??? Here's the link for the back hook: http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=16747&cgnbr=30G2000000

there's also a front hook, if you like that better.

When you measure for a bra, you should measure BOTH below and above the breast. If there is more than a 2" difference, you need a larger band size. The band should fit comfortably on the middle hook. Measure the bustline to determine the cup size. When you lose or gain weight/inches, your cup size will change. If you need a larger band, don't just assume you're still a DD or whatever, measure again.

When the bra is on and well-fitted, stand sideways and look in the mirror. Bend your arm closest to the mirror and hold your other index finger level with your nipple. It should be midway between your elbow and shoulder. Also make sure to do a "bend and shake" :lmao: Bend over, pull all the breast tissue from the sides into the cups, give a little shake and stand up. You'd be surprised how much "fallout" you might have on the sides! Also, with underwires (btw, I'm a 42DDD, have been at least a DD since I was 13, I *DEPEND* on underwires!) give a little "pinch" on them to bend them in a bit, they will conform better and you'll be comfier. I wash my bras with regular laundry but alway air dry, the dryer heat will KILL them. You should also replace them every 3-6 months (about like an oil change :teeth: )

Ok I broke down and made an appt at Lane Bryant for tomorrow to be fitted--DH asked if he could watch :rolleyes: anyways.... I do the home measuring but because most of my girls are in the southern hemisphere the cup NEVER fits right! The whole measuring the top and bottom doesn't work for me because when I measure the bottom I have to figure out what is my stomach and what is my **** :teeth:

My bras also don't sit between my ****s like they should but if I go smaller I have more **** out of the cup than in and if I go larger then I may as well be wearing a girdle!

I too, am a member of the "Big Girl's" club. I wear a (when measured at Figure Faire, in St. Pete) 40 K, The bra they sold me is a lovely one, but it does not go up to my band size, so I am wearing a 38 JJ, and it makes the girls Level and perky. It is by Fantasie of England, and runs about $73.00. I love this bra.

When I want a HELLO CLEAVAGE Bra, I go to Fredricks, and get their Demi Push ups in a 42 F. Yes they're too small but they work just right for what I want. :)

I think I am outta my league here - Dianna - your advice on the best bra for a 36D/38C that costs under 30.00?

If I had to pay $66 or $73 bucks for a bra I'd wear that thing everyday! Hell I'd walk around in just the bra telling everyone what I paid for it!

Hopefully there is a more budget friendly one available!

babytrees said:
So anybody know of any GOOD non underwires out there that don't look like they are for grannies ta tas?

You're kidding right?? I'm sporting a set of 46I's - that's I in case you missed that. I have so much spandex going on I feel like I'm wearing a girdle in the wroooooong spot.

I'll take my big spandex grannie bras but could SOMEBODY PLEASE make them in a COLOR? My booties (as my 2 year old calls them) would like to be in pink or purple or blue every once in awhile. White, black and Ecru aren't cutting it and while I'm at it..... "Ecru"??? - it's OFF WHITE YOU NIT WITS - do you think you're fooling me with the fancy shmancy name?

LMGDAO! Can you tell I hate bras and bra shopping?

saucymb said:
And as hard as it is to find bras for big busted girls, try finding bras for big busted breastfeeding girls! Anyone have advice? The local nursing mom's shop has some, but they are expensive.

AH HAAA! Help to your rescue - I was a Bf-ing I cup! I got my nursing bras and currently get my regular bras from www.breakoutbras.com

Avoid the Medela bras - at least the non-underwire ones- they were very flimsy and had no support at all. The ones I got from the above site were great - in fact I wore them for months after my ds was weaned because they were so comfortable - DH liked them too - LMGDAO!!!!!

Christine said:
You know what, if you got big girls, you REALLY need to be buying the $66.00 bra.

I don't mean to sound harsh but I have a few co-workers with me who are very large and you can just tell they are wearing a bad fitting bra. It ruins every shirt they wear and they whole way their appearance comes off. Then you see someone who obviously has found the "right" bra and the support looks great.

I would think that, while pricey, the $66.00 bra would be worth it for the comfort and fit factor, rather then going through all the bad-fitting $20 bras.

Had to get in here.. I so can relate to the OP. I told my hubby I wanted a lift for Christmas! Any way....Check EBay for that bra. I have seen those on there for around the $40 mark. Not much savings but every little bit helps.

I'd prefer a bra without the underwire because of the poking as I posted before but also because of the "sausage effect"====You bigger ladies know what I mean...It's when you wear an underwire and your **** hangs over it looking like a sausage casing being stuffed! I find it's the worst in shiny bras

Beth E. (NJ) said:
This thread was calling my name. I hate bra shopping. Nothing fits!

My pet peeve is that very few bras lay flat to my skin between my breasts. I know it's supposed to, but the underwire there is never by my skin. anyone else?

OH, I am SO WITH YOU! That's what happens when your cup size is disproprotionately larger than your frame...and it's a miserable problem to have...because there is no such thing as LIFT AND SEPARATE!

Last year around Valentine's Day there was one bra Lane Bryant carried that worked that way and still does. I would love to find another one cut exactly the same way.

Also, if the cup size is right, the underwire is huge for my frame...and my arms are tripping over the outside wire...

I hate bras. I am a 36B/C. I actually think I could go up and commit to a C but I don't. I recently started to really like the Barely There brand and get them at Kohls. Though I just noticed my straps are saggy.. I think I need some new ones and take better care. I just throw them in the wash... and dry. I should hang them and wash them on gentle.

worthless.gif

Beth E. (NJ) said:
My pet peeve is that very few bras lay flat to my skin between my breasts. I know it's supposed to, but the underwire there is never by my skin. anyone else?

http://www.barenecessities.com/Vani...wire-Bra_product_VanityFair75005_,search,.htm

I'm a 42DD and I buy these - they seem to fit the best - especially at keeping the underwire where it's supposed to be. I think they go up to a 48FF - although not on this website - but you can find them lots of places and they usually around $20 - $25.

If you are a D or larger you do need to be professionally fitted - it's amazing how many women wear the wrong size/style bra.

I tried Oprah's bra...didn't fit me right. :( So frustrating!

The wire on my bras doesn't sit flat between mine either. Every now and then DS tries to lay down on me or sit in my lap and lean his head back he says "ow mom, you're hurting me." It's the damn underwire! :rolleyes: I think I'm a 38DDDD...that's what's on the bras I buy. So that's a what, 38G? Hate them.

I have trouble buying shirts because of them, too! To find something big enough across my chest, it's usually too big everywhere else. After watching "What Not To Wear" and hearing them say, fit the biggest part of you first and then tailor the rest if necessary, I went to Lane Bryant for the first time a few weeks ago. I actually found a couple of things that fit across my chest but weren't too big everywhere else. I was so excited! I never tried plus-size clothing before since I'm about a 12/14, but for tops it worked. Some shirts were still too big around the waist, but I did find a couple that fit great! I actually have a couple of button shirts now and don't need a safety pin! :teeth:

MQuara said:
You're kidding right?? I'm sporting a set of 46I's - that's I in case you missed that. I have so much spandex going on I feel like I'm wearing a girdle in the wroooooong spot.

I'll take my big spandex grannie bras but could SOMEBODY PLEASE make them in a COLOR? My booties (as my 2 year old calls them) would like to be in pink or purple or blue every once in awhile. White, black and Ecru aren't cutting it and while I'm at it..... "Ecru"??? - it's OFF WHITE YOU NIT WITS - do you think you're fooling me with the fancy shmancy name?

LMGDAO! Can you tell I hate bras and bra shopping?

I also hate it and that is why I have not gotten a new bra in umpteen years and have only 3 of them !!!! They are all on their last ta ta hoorah!!

My biggest frustration with bra shopping is that I can only buy bras online. I am a 34DDD. For some reason stores think that the only people that need DDD are plus size. It is the most depressing thing, well other than shopping for a bathing suit.

The two best place I have found online are figleaves.com and amazon.com. At amazon all you have to do is enter your size in the search and it will pull up everything they have. It has really been a livesaver. I wish the internet had been around when I was a kid it would have made my teenage years so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter