Bikes/Surreys at Boardwalk

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Can anyone rent these or do you have to be a guest at BW? Does anyone know the price?

Thanks.

Anyone can rent them. They just ask to hold one of your ID's until you bring the Surrey back. We had the best time riding around the Boardwalk. I don't remember the exact price, but it was around $20 for a 4-person surrey, for 30 min.

Beware... if you have small children. We tried to rent a 4 person bike with myself, DH, DD (age 9) and DS 9 (age 6). They measured both kids who were too short to pedal then refused to let us take a 4 person bike. They said you must have 3 people minimum who can pedal. DD is 55 in. tall and it looked like the cut off was 58 in. So they wanted us to take a 2 person bike, put DD in middle of us and DS in Toddler basket on front. DS said NOWAY, both were heartbroken. In retrospect we could have taken two 2 person bikes (at twice the cost) as only one needed to pedal, but we were so mad we walked away. The girl working there was definately not feeling any Disney magic. :mad:

They are fun but can be really tough to pedal up the hills. We ended up getting out and pushing ours at one point while cracking up all the while and watching all the other people peddle on by. My husband has a bad knee and I was 6 months pregnant at the time so I don't even know what we were thinking trying to rent one.

Does anyone know if 6 years olds (twins) will fit in the "toddler" seats of a 6 person bike...really really was looking forward to this with our whole family but I didnt realize they had restrictions!!! We also have a 9 and 11 year old....believe (but will measure!) that 11 year old is 58 inches or taller.

I think your 6 year olds could probably fit in the front 'basket' but I don't know how they'd feel about actually doing it since many of the others who ride in those front baskets are Toddlers or Preschoolers. I think they could also sit on the seats in the middle between the people who are tall enough to pedal. I seem to remember the rental person telling me that my very tall 8 year old would be able to fit in the 'basket'.....I questioned that and she said that they've had adults sit in that basket.....someone who wanted to sit right up front because they were videotaping while on the ride! (I won't speculate on what led to that!)

Another option if your 6 year olds are really set on trying to pedal would be to check out the height restrictions for the surrey's at Old Key West. I don't know what they are there, but I do know that the minimum is lower because my ds was tall enough to pedal those when he was 7. I asked at the Boardwalk why the height restrictions were different than those at OKW and they said it was because they were two different rental agencies with different insurance restrictions. Boardwalk is fun from a total atmosphere standpoint, but OKW has an advantage of being flatter (doesn't have those two hills on the bridges which you realize are pretty big when you're in a surrey); also there are lots more choices on where to 'drive' the surrey at OKW.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter