Birth certificates or passports??

wdwmom2

<font color=teal>It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorr
I have a question. What do you use to board the ship?? Do you use a birth certificate or do you use a passport? We were going to get passports for the family but found out that they would cost us $290. That is alot of money. I would rather use that for the trip. I think that I would rather use our birth certificates and save the money. What do you do??????? Any problems with using birth certificates?

We got passports. We always whip through the gates at all the ports when we've got them. No feeling for a raised seal, etc. We also thought that perhaps if we went to the trouble to get them, we might just find an excuse to travel out of the country more often:smooth:

I have a passport and my husband does not. He used his birth certificate. We had no problem at all!! We are sailing again in January and this time we have a baby - - he will also be using his birth certificate. I hope this is helpful to you!

I can appreciate the cost you'll incur from passports but I will tell you that it's much easier. There's no problem with having the B.C., plus adult passports are good for 10 years (I think five for kids). You never know when you may need one.

I have been on a total of 7 cruises, with several different cruise lines, and never had a problem with birth certificates.

We've never had a problem with birth certificates but went to Passports after 9/11. Things got a lot stricter than and we felt it would just be easier (and it is). We also like the fact that if they do change the rules we won't be in a rush, when we bought them they were cheaper than they are now, and we are ready if we want to run off to say Ireland, England or Disneyland Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter