Birthday and wedding anniversary at Beach Club!!!! May ‘24

PoppyJ

Mouseketeer
Hello!! I have been enjoying reading all the pre-trip reports so much I thought I would try to write one too! I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in reading it without photos, but neither my husband or I are comfortable with our photos on social media. So here are a couple photos of our backs!

Our wedding party in Hawaii
image.jpg

Waimea Falls

Screenshot_20240215_184842_Photos.jpg

I grew up going to Disneyland. My husband had never been to a Disney park before we went! I had been wanting to go to Disney World but I was intimidated by all the planning. It was actually seemed more simple after COVID because everyone else was trying to learn all the changes too!

So we took our first trip in November 2021! I planned it as a “once in a lifetime” trip! HAHAHA 😂

The trip actually came about because my husband received a job offer and we had a short window between his jobs. So I booked the trip 10 days before we left!

Screenshot_20240215_185000_Photos.jpg

We made a road trip out of it, driving 20 hours from Wisconsin. We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and did one day in each park. We went all out for dining reservations: Sanna, Homecomin, Topolinos breakfast, California Grill, Cinderella's Royal Table, Hollywood and Vine, Ogas Cantina, Chef Mickey.

Well after that one trip, we were HOOKED. Since then, we have been on some sort of Disney trip 6 more times!

August 2022 - solo trip for me to Disney World (I was in Orlando for work)
October 2022 - Disney World with my husband's brother, his wife and their two daughters
December 2022 - Disneyland
March 2023 - Aulani
May 2023 - Disney World with my husband's other brother
November 2023 - Disney World

Photo from our ocean view studio at Aulani

Screenshot_20240215_190754_Photos.jpg

Not sure how long these posts can be so I will start a new one for planning my upcoming trip.

Last edited:
This trip is two years in the making!!!

After trying unsuccessfully to reserve two rooms at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the trip with my brother in law, my husband (D) and I decided to buy DVC. We loved the location when we stayed at the Swan, so we bought resale points at the Beach Club!

1.png

2.png

We will be spending 10 nights in a 2-bedroom villa in May 2024. This will be our first time staying at the Beach Club, and I am so excited!!!!! We are celebrating my 40th birthday and our wedding anniversary!

3.png

Now, originally, D and I had invited my parents to stay with us. After initially agreeing to go, they decided they have no interest in going to Disney World. Can you believe it!?

So we decided to invite the only people we know who are bigger Disney fans than us - my friends, A (husband) and K (wife)! I have known A and K since 2014ish. They were already married but did not have kids yet. Now they have two kids who will be joining us - H (DD8) and C (DS6).

4.jpg

I can be rather militant about my Disney plans, so from the start we made it clear that everyone can have their own plans. If our plans overlap, fantastic! If they don't, that's fine too!

5.png

This will be our longest trip by far, and I am really struggling with that. In the past, we have gone for 5-6 days. With 10 nights, I thought we have so much time, we will go at a slower pace, we will actually spend time at the resort. But then I started planning our days and there is so much I want to do! So I'm also hoping writing this out will help me figure out what to do.

A brief overview of our plans:

5 (1).jpg

We will fly into MCO, landing at around midnight. I have booked the Hyatt at the airport. The next morning we will pick up our rental car. After Disney, we are driving to Key West for 5 days, then we will fly home from there.

6.jpg

Day 1: Travel
Day 2: Grocery shop, check into hotel, settle in
Day 3: AK / HS
Day 4: MK / EP
Day 5: Discovery Cove
Day 6: 4 park challenge!
Day 7: Typhoon Lagoon
Day 8: Wild Africa Trek
Day 9: Resort / EP
Day 10: HS / MK
Day 11: AK / EP
Day 12: Drive to Key West

I'm really having fun finding these Mickey pictures!

Day 6: 4 park challenge
I'm intrigued to hear more about this! I assume it's just going to all the parks in one day but I'd love to know your game plan!

I also noticed you don't have any single park days, is that a preference or do you have a fun strategy behind that too?:-)

Can't wait to hear about your trip! I love an anniversary in Disney 💕

I'm intrigued to hear more about this! I assume it's just going to all the parks in one day but I'd love to know your game plan!
It's my first try so I'm hoping it works! I've seen different variations, but I think we're going to try for one ride, one snack and one picture in each park.

I also noticed you don't have any single park days, is that a preference or do you have a fun strategy behind that too?:-)
We discovered this strategy when we took my brother in law. We wanted him to see all 4 parks but we didn't have 4 days! So we got 2-day park hopper tickets, and we rope dropped one park and stacked LL's in the second park. It worked out amazing! But this is also where I struggle with doing too much and not taking a slower pace. It's hard to not want to do everything!

I also just saw your PTR. Your trip is so soon, you must be so excited!!! Can't wait to see your ADR's. I'm still working on figuring mine out.

Day 1

The first conundrum of the trip - Do I check a bag or carry on only???

1.jpg

I would be perfectly capable of doing a carry on only if this was a Disney only trip. Especially because we will have a washer/dryer in our unit. BUT we are going to Key West and we need our life jackets!

2.png

Back story - D is a fish and loves to snorkel. I am more of a doggy paddler. So I bought us both life jackets. We have only traveled with them once but they definitely require a checked suitcase.

3.jpg

AND if we bring a checked bag, we can also bring our snorkels (saves money if we don't have to rent them), and I can bring more shoes!

4.jpg

I did look into renting life jackets but did not find anything too promising.

I was originally planning on checking a bag. I am second guessing it now because our flight was changed. We were supposed to have a 2 hour layover. It is now a 1 hour layover and I'm worried about our bags getting on the right plane. I am thinking about buying a Tile Pro to put in our bags. We don't have iPhones so I think this is the next best tracker to the Apple tag? Has anyone used a Tile Pro in their luggage?

5.png

Both D and I will work almost a full day since our flight leaves in the evening. We don't get to MCO until midnight, so I booked the Hyatt at the airport. Used credit card points so it was “free.”

Day 2

Neither of us are morning people, so we will have a slow start this morning (not likely to happen any other day this trip). We'll pick up our rental car and be on our way!

First stop, coffee! Likely Foxtail Coffee. We found this coffee shop on our last trip and really enjoyed their coffee.

Next, Costco and/or Target for groceries. Our tradition has been to pack breakfast and eat it in line while we wait for the park to open. So we will stock up on bottled water, yogurt and Kind bars. We also will pick up any groceries that A and K request because they will not have a car.

On to Freshfield Farms for fruit! We also discovered this grocery store on our last trip. Their fruit is really good quality for reasonable prices.

7.jpg

Up next, lunch at Fresh Kitchen. This is my husband's favorite restaurant in all of Florida. We first found this restaurant by chance when we were in Fort Myers. It is a chain restaurant with locations all over Florida. There are a couple in Orlando. You make your own salad bowl but for some reason, the BBQ chicken just tastes AMAZING. I don't know how they do it but we both love it.

8.jpg

Finally, to the Beach Club!!!! I am so excited to walk in there for the first time! I read there is a special scent in the lobby! I can't wait!!!!

9.jpg

I'm thinking it will likely be 2-3 pm by the time we get there. I believe A, K, H and C's flight lands around 2 pm so we'll probably get there around the same time. I will do online check in in the morning but who knows whether our room will be ready. If it's not I think we'll leave our refrigerated groceries with bell services and head to the pool! I will have to remember to throw our bathing suits in our carry on bag in the morning.

10.jpg

None of us have ever been to Stormalong Bay, and we are so excited to check it out! I can't wait to try the water slide!!!!

After spending some time at the pool, a perfect end to our first full day will be to take the Skyliner over to Riviera and have dinner at Topolinos. I believe we have done the character breakfast 3 times but we have never had dinner here. My goal is to get a reservation around 7:30 pm, so we can eat then watch the fireworks from the terrace.

11.jpg

ADR's open in a couple weeks for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo

Day 3

Our first park day!! Today I am planning to start at Animal Kingdom and end at Hollywood Studios. I do plan on purchasing Genie+ today with the goal of stacking all of my LL's in Hollywood Studios.

1.jpg

Park hours have not been released for my dates yet. Right now it looks like Animal Kingdom could open at 8:30, which means I will insist on being at the bus stop at 7:00. However, my notes from my trip last May say we were on the bus at 6:05, at Animal Kingdom at 6:25 and walking on FOP at 7:30 (they let us scan into the park before 7:30).

2.jpg

Either way, I will buy Genie+ and book Slinky Dog as our first LL. I'm pretty sure we'll get an afternoon return time but if not I'll modify it to a later time.

3.jpg

We will pack our usual water, yogurt and granola bars for breakfast and eat while we wait for the park to open. I'm not entirely sure what our plan for AK is. I know I want to do FOP, Safari and Everest. I am planning on lunch at Flame Tree but I would also like to try Nomad Lounge. (I've never been)

4.png

We will head to Hollywood Studies after lunch. I'd like to get LL for Slinky Dog, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania and Millennium Falcon (for D). MMRR would be a bonus.

I'm really bummed Rock n Rollercoaster will be closed while we are there. It was also closed when we were there last May. It was D and I's FAVORITE ride on our first Disney World trip. We did not research any rides so we could be surprised and that take off was SO FUN!

5.jpg

Right now I'm planning on dinner at ABC Commissary (also have never been here) because I don't want to be tied down to a dinner reservation without knowing our LL return times. But if we have enough time, we'll see if we can walk up to Hollywood Brown Derby. (D’s request - this was his favorite meal on our last trip)

6.jpg

We will end the night by either watching Fantasmic or jumping in line for Slinky Dog again before the park closes. Then take the boat back to the Beach Club!

7.jpg

Day 4

Today I am planning to start at Magic Kingdom and end at Epcot. I do not plan on purchasing Genie+ today.

00.jpg

The goal is to get a reservation for Crystal Palace at 10:15 am. I can't wait to try the churro waffles, and I am trying to time it so we are also there for the lunch options.

Here's the plan. Set my alarm for 6:45 am. At 7:00 am, get a virtual queue for Tron. I am not sure whether we will buy a ILL for Tron and Guardians. If I ask D, I knew he'll say yes but I'm not sure if we need it if we get the virtual queue.

Then get up, go to the gym! #goals

1.jpg

We have never stepped foot in a Disney gym before. But I have gotten in a really good habit of going to a HIIT class 3 or 4 times per week. I really want to try to keep it up at least a little since we will be gone for two weeks. In fact, I already put together a work out! It should be a 30 minute workout if timed perfectly.

So let's say we're done at the gym at 8, and on the bus by 9. We can hope right!?

With just the right luck, we'll get to MK right in time for our breakfast with Pooh and friends! Funny how we go from gym ↪️ churros 😋

Photo from our breakfast at Plaza Inn at Disneyland!

2.jpg

After breakfast, our only real goal is Tron, either VQ or ILL, but hopefully both!

D actually doesn't enjoy MK very much. He is more interested in the new rides and rollercoasters. I agree that the rides at MK are geared more towards younger kids. I think adults like me enjoy them because they're nostalgic. My dad still talks about It's a Small World. He used to make us go on that ride over and over and over at Disneyland because there was never a line! I still love it!!

It's a Small World Disneyland Christmas edition:

3.jpg

We'll likely head over to Epcot after Tron because what I'm really excited for is Flower and Garden Festival!!!!!!

We were there for F&G last year, but we had D's brother with us and we were trying to hit the highlights of all 4 parks in 2 days so there was no time to enjoy the scenery. This year, I want to take it all in!

4.jpg

5.jpg

I will be wearing my new Mickey F&G shirt! Just arrived in the mail and looks just as cute as the photo. I got it in peach for me and green for D.

6.jpg

First stop is purchasing one of those super cute wristlet gift cards. For some reason I always forget to buy one. Not this time!!

7.png

We'll spend the afternoon walking around and eating. The menus were released a few days ago so I'm working on my list!

I'm hoping that without Genie+ we'll still be able to do Soarin and Living with the Land without a huge wait.

soarin.png

Fun fact: Soarin was our first ride EVER at Disney World. I still remember it. We had a super early reservation at Topolinos for breakfast. We were staying at Caribbean Beach Resort so we walked over to Riviera. After breakfast we got on the Skyliner going the wrong way! So we got off and got back on at Caribbean. We walked into Epcot near the end of early morning hours and didn't really know what to do. I remembered Soarin was a popular ride so we headed there. We thought it was amazing! It's so funny how some things stand out in your memory because I have absolutely no idea what we did after that, but I can still feel the excitement of walking into my very first Disney World park!!

Epcot will have extended evening hours this day (based on historical data, as park hours have not been released yet). We'll try for the Guardians VQ at 6:00 pm.

EEH goals are Guardians, Frozen and Remy. We're actually not big fireworks people, and I prefer the MK fireworks. So if it works out perfectly, we'll go to Frozen during fireworks, then Guardians, then Remy. But again, so many variables!

9.jpg

If the plan works and we end at Remy, then we will be right by International Gateway and back in our room within minutes. What a perfect day!!

Last edited:
Day 5

Today we have a dolphin swim booked at Discovery Cove! This will be our first time there. I found an amazing deal on the dolphin swim during a Black Friday sale at Undercover Tourist. I checked the prices recently and we got about 50% off of the current price!

1.jpg

From what I have read, they will assign a time to swim with the dolphins when you check in. I also read it is better to get a morning time because: (1) afternoon thunderstorms will shut down the swim; and (2) you don’t have to keep looking at the time to make sure you don’t miss it.

So based on all this, I think we’ll try to get there around 6:45 a.m.

It also looks like it is a very all-inclusive experience, so breakfast and lunch are included!

We’ll try to get our money’s worth, so we’ll probably stay all day until maybe 4 p.m.?

We’ll have to get back, shower and make our way to Disney Springs. First stop is the photo studio. We always stop for photos at the studio since we always get the memory maker. Their Christmas set up was beautiful! We used those photos for our Christmas cards.

After the photo studio, we have a reservation at Summer House for 7:30 p.m.!!! Very excited to try this restaurant! And the cookies!!

As I write this, I’m wondering if I should have made our reservation for later. It’s sounding very rushed. But we also don’t like to eat late, and it’s important we get to bed early because the next day we are attempting the 4 parks challenge!!

Day 6

The big day - 4 park challenge!!

2.png

Here’s the plan:

First LL: Slinky Dog
ILL - Guardians of the Galaxy
ILL - Tron

Park 1 - Animal Kingdom
Rides: Avatar, Everest, Dinosaur
Snack: Trilo Bites
Photo: Tree of Life

Park 2 - Hollywood Studios
Rides: Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania
Snack: Woody’s Lunch Box
Photo: Toy Story Land

Park 3 - Epcot
Rides: Guardians of the Galaxy, Soarin
Snack: Katsura Grill
Photo: Epcot Ball

Park 4 - Magic Kingdom
Rides: Tron, Space Mountain, Tron
Snack: Sleepy Hollow
Photo: Castle

ADRs!!

I had a bit of last minute FOMO and substantially increased our ADRs and Enchanting Extras… I’m really happy with everything I got, but not entirely sure I’ll keep everything. Here’s how it panned out:

Day 1: Travel
No ADRs

Day 2: Grocery shop, check into hotel, settle in
Topolino’s Terrace (dinner)

Day 3: AK / HS
No ADRs (might try walk up to Hollywood Brown Derby)

Day 4: MK / EP
Capture your Moment MK (I wanted the earliest time slot, but ended up with 9:45 am)
Crystal Palace (late breakfast)

Day 5: Discovery Cove
Summer House (dinner with A, K, H and C!)

Day 6: 4 park challenge!
No ADRs

Day 7: Typhoon Lagoon
Cape May Cafe (breakfast with A, K, H and C!)
Bull and Bear (dinner offsite)

Day 8: Wild Africa Trek
Got Wild Africa Trek reservation!!

Day 9: Resort / EP
Garden Grill (breakfast)
Space 220 Lounge (dinner)

Day 10: HS / MK
Jungle Skipper Canteen (dinner with A, K, H and C!)
Post-fireworks Dessert Party

Day 11: AK / EP
Chefs de France (dinner)

Day 12: Drive to Key West
Topolinos Terrace (brunch before we drive to Key West!)

These will all be firsts for us (except Topolinos brunch)!!

Day 7

Our Typhoon Lagoon day! We have been here once before and had so much fun!

But first up, Cape May Cafe.

2.png

We have never been here, so I am excited to see Minnie and her beach friends! A, K, H and C will be joining us for this meal too. After breakfast, D and I “plan” on going to the gym before heading to the water park.

After Typhoon Lagoon, we have a dinner reservation at Bull & Bear at Waldorf Astoria. I read the fried chicken is super fancy and delicious!

3.jpg

Day 8

I am really excited for this - Wild Africa Trek!!

4.jpg

Had to convince myself to splurge for this (wasn’t too difficult…) after seeing the reviews.

I got the earliest tour because (1) it will be cooler weather and (2) I read the early time gets to see some of the feedings.

Fingers crossed for good weather and active animals!

After the Trek, I’m not sure how long we’ll stick around Animal Kingdom. We might buy a ILL for FOP again. Maybe stop by Nomad Lounge and see how long the wait is. Or maybe go to Yak & Yeti… Then, this might be a good day to take the train over to do the animation experience… Who knows!

I’d like to get back to the hotel early afternoon and have a nap.

For the evening, I have planned to take the skyliner to Riviera for our favorite quick service - Primo Piatto! This is another throw back to our first stay at the Caribbean Beach Club. We would walk over to Riviera and eat at Primo Piatto and pretend we were staying there!

5.png

To end the evening, we’ll head to the Boardwalk to check out the nightlife there. We’ve never been to the Boardwalk at night so I’m excited to see what it’s like! I’d like to go to the Atlantic Dance Hall and Jellyrolls. Woo hoo!!

Day 9

This was supposed to be our rest day. However, I decided to make an autograph book based on an idea I saw on Facebook. I made my own autograph book on Shutterfly by putting photos of us with each of the characters next to a blank page for them to sign. I’ve never done autographs so I’m pretty excited about it! I even found a coupon code so the book only cost $20!

So then, I couldn’t figure out where I could meet Pluto for his autograph. We’ve seen him at Chef Mickey and Hollywood and Vine but we weren’t planning on those restaurants. The other character dining Pluto is at is Garden Grill, and we have never been there! So I added an Epcot day and made a reservation for Garden Grill!!

6.png

Then, since we were going to Epcot, and it is near the end of our trip, and we have never been to Space 220, I added a reservation for Space 220 Lounge!! Even though this was the 8th day of our reservation stay so I was booking at 60 + 8 days, there was limited availability. I got an evening reservation so I think our day will look something like - Garden Grill, back to Beach Club to spend time at the pool, back to Epcot for Space 220 Lounge.

1.png

We’ll probably try to grab a virtual queue for Guardians too because we love it so much!

Day 10

Today, we start by rope dropping Hollywood Studios. We’ll get Genie + this day. I’m hoping to get an early lightning lane for Slinky Dog. Again, really sad Rock n Rollercoaster is closed… We have had really good luck doing RnR, Tower of Terror and MMRR at opening. But with RnR down, I’m thinking I might try Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania, MMRR. Then I would love to do Slinky Dog a second time with a LL. And Toy Story Mania. I love those rides!

For lunch, I have Woody’s planned. But if we didn’t get to do Hollywood Brown Derby on our first HS day, we might try to walk up there.

Then we’ll head over to Magic Kingdom where A, K, H and C will be. We all have a reservation for Jungle Skipper for dinner. (So maybe we shouldn’t do Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch b/c that would be two big meals in a day, good thing I’m writing this all down!)

After Jungle Skipper, I’m thinking we’ll be right on time for our dessert party! This was a FOMO moment for me. Like I said, we are not really into fireworks. But then I was thinking, maybe this is because we never want to waste time staking out a good spot to watch, so we always have an awful view.

I signed up for the post-fireworks dessert party, but I read you should go early to get a good spot for the fireworks, and once you get your wristband, you can come and go. So we’ll go check in after dinner. Then we’ll just relax in the viewing area. We might even bring a towel or something to sit on if that’s allowed. After fireworks, we’ll enjoy the desserts. I’m actually most looking forward to the chocolate covered strawberries I’ve seen in the pictures!

7.png

This will be A, K, H and C’s last day because they fly out on the next day.

Day 11

Our last park day!

I keep telling my husband that I don’t actually want it to be time for our trip because once it starts, it will fly by so fast! And I’ve been planning and looking forward to this trip for TWO years!!

For our last day, we’ll rope drop Animal Kingdom. We are not planning to purchase Genie + this day. We will buy an ILL for FOP and Guardians.

We’ll try to do the same thing we always do. Rope drop FOP, then do Safari and Everest. I’m planning on lunch at Yak & Yeti quick service. I actually find their portions on the small side and I figure by the end of this trip, we’ll have eaten so much, a small meal will be good. If we haven’t been to Nomad Lounge by now, we’ll probably head over and see how long the wait is. I’d like to get in at some point on this trip!

Then, we’ll head to Epcot. We’ll probably just walk around, enjoy the scenery, and do our Guardians ILL. We do have a reservation for Chefs de France because we always walk by and see people eating in there and then talk about how nice it looks. Now we’ll be one of those people eating inside! There’s extended hours this day, so we’ll try to get the extra Guardians VQ. I’d also like to ride Frozen again. I’ve only ever been on this ride once because we have the worst luck and every other time we’ve tried to go on it, it’s been shut down!

8.png

This will be our last park, so I’m sure I’ll want to stay as late as possible, even if we’re just sitting on a bench people watching…

Day 12

Today we drive to Key West! Originally, we were just going to leave early. But my husband asked me what my favorite restaurant at Disney is. I said, Topolinos breakfast. Then he said, why aren’t we going there? Then I thought - why aren’t we going there!?!?!

So now we’re going! It will be the perfect last meal at Disney!

9.jpg

I “plan” to go to the gym around 9, go back to the room and pack, check out, then drive to Topolinos.

After that, we head to Key West!

10.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter