birthday page elements swap FINAL DETAILS ON P. 3

hi alice28, got you down for the photo mats. I will post final details tomorrow when I get home from work, or if I get cancelled tonight, I'll do it later. maggie

Ok here are the details.....

there are 14 of us playing so you need to make enough for 14 people.

That means for tags, borders, and photomats you need to make 2 for each person so a total of 28. The tags and photomats don't have to be the same. The borders should probably not be too different from each other, you could make one of balloons and one of presents for example, that kind of goes together,

sqares are 4 per person, so you are making a lot of squares.:D They do not all have to look exactly alike. Look on www.twopeas.com if you want some ideas, they have some really fancy sqares and then some not so fancy but equally nice ones.:D

As far as I can tell, everyone is scrapping in 12x12 so please make your borders and toppers appropriate for that size.

Colours: Pretty much anything that you think says "birthday" is fine with me. (I'm thinking anything that isn't really dark basically)

Most of all, don't panic if this is your first swap, it's a fun thing to do and if you need help/advice, please don't hesitate to either post here or email me. I want you all to have fun and want to do it again! :D

due date is march 12th. Please remember to include return postage when you mail it out so I can send it back to you.

If something comes up and you can't do the swap, please let me know ASAP.

I will pm or email y'all my mailing address.
Thanks for playing! maggie

How much are you thinking for return postage? Should we include an envelope too, or give you an extra dollar or so to pay for an envelope?

This sounds like fun! My first swap and I've been pouring over my CM supplies to see what would be cute. :hyper:

Return postage

please include $4 for return postage. I can send it back in the envelope you mail it in or you can enclose an evelope. maggie

I would also suggest to make it easy on Maggie:
1. piece of card board so it helps protect the items you are shipping and then stuff coming back
2. a large return envelope which is filled out with your name and Maggie's return address inside your mailer
3. put everything in a plastic bag just incase it gets wet
4. Lable you items! ( I love to know who made what!)
5. Have fun! if this is a first time swap it can be very nervous but this is a great group to start with!

Am I a control freak or what!?!? I did one hosting and was so stressed out by it! LOL!

:jumping1:

thanks spinning, figured I had forgetten something! :D

about bagging, please bag up each individually and label the individual bags and then put those bags into the big bag. (so you should have 14 little bags with your name on them inside one big bag also with your name on it).

maggie

for anyone who would like examples of squares, tags, borders, photomats, etc, go to www.lifetimemoments.com and then click on gallery, then click on swaps. All kinds of examples. :D maggie

Reminder....remember to send an envelope big enough for a 12x12 item to fit in when she mails it back...(I've hosted swaps before and lots would forget that they would be getting long items back and would send too small envelopes).:)

:faint: :eek:

OH NO I MISSED A SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has only been a few days since I checked the board. Oh well have fun ladies.

Okay don't "kill" me but I bought the paper for the swap today! Yipee, I am almost 99.9% sure of what I plan on doing.... I'm ready to start making my pieces. But I had a question, does anyone know where I can buy purplish raffia? My LSS only had the brown kind.... I might have to make a trip to Michael's or Joann's.

Thanks,
Tina

roflmao ourdogcisco! That's awesome that you started. Do you have a memories store around you? I think I may have seen some there at one point. I on the other hand have so not started. :D but I did get 13 pages done in the redo of kate's baby book. :D Mabye next weekend. maggie

Thanks, Maggie.... We do have a memories store. I just might have to give them a call to see if they have it....

Good job on your scrapbooking.... I think, we have plentity of time to get this swap done!

Tina

I was tired of scrapping fo rmy books so I started my first set of tags and they are a little over half done! :)
I just ordered fibers for em too!

you guys are killing me! (just for you patty: "screams, "they killed kenny") I guess I should figure out what I want to do and stop joining other swaps. :D maggie

I started my squares last weekend when some girls got together. The one gal couldn't believe I was starting a swap that was due in March. She's one of those last minute type. Needless to say I had tons of fun and am almost done. :D

Was debating about punching out HAPPY BIRTHDAY in matching paper to go with the squares with the sizzix fun serrif. Just got the uppercase for xmas and was wanting to play with it. What do you all think, or does everybody have a sizzix? JLMK.
TIA
Janine

hey janine, I don't have a sizzix, so that sounds fun to me! :D maggie

Janine are you by chance using the sizzix die cut of the birthday package for your squares?? I just bought it and was thinking of using it but I'm going back and forth with and idea. If you are let me know so I won't use it for this swap. I would love the fun serif letters I only have the lollipop ones.

julianne,
Nope, didn't use any sizzix on the squares. Did some stamping and embossing. Feel free to go the sizzix route, if so choose to.

thanks for the input.
Janine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter