Bisquick question - UPDATE

mssocks

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of making the Bisquick Streusel Cake recipe on the box. I volunteer on weekends and bribes....I mean snacks are always well received. Since the nurses and doctors don't have time to cut it, put it on a plate and eat it with a fork, I thought I'd try making it it cupcake papers.

Anyone ever try this? Did it work? How long did you bake them? Were they too dry?

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!

Mssocks,
I do love to use Bisquick but I haven't ever tried the 'individual' servings that you are suggesting. I think that is a great idea however as I have had many a coffee cake go dry in half a day when left uncovered.

The tops may get a little dry and chewy but I'm sure they'll be yummy enough that they will all get snatched up right away anyways!

Good luck, let us know how it turns out!
Jax:)

Thanks all - I am now armed with foil cupcakes papers, bisquick and all the ingredients ( as long as I stop drinking the milk! ). Will let you know how things went on Monday. Unless you hear on Action News about an Emergency staff getting food poisoning.....

I have often made a Coffee Cake recipe as cupcakes instead of in a square pan. I don't have marked down how long to bake them though. I'm pretty sure I just start checking on them at about 1/2 the time it's supposed to be. They're never dry & much easier to serve/eat as muffins. (I usually double the crumbs - there never seems to be enough!)

Clyde’s Coffee Cake

2 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 lb butter, melted
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 c warm water
1 tsp vanilla

Combine flour, sugar, salt & butter. Reserve 1 cup for crumbs. Add baking powder, egg, water & vanilla. Mix only until moist. Pour in greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Double to make 3 dozen cupcakes.

Well I made three batches. The crumbs were not quite right the first time, the second batch I forgot the cinnamon and tried "something new" which resulted in the need of a third batch. :D

I tried putting the streusel in the middle thinking it would rise to the top because the middles were boring. Yuck - it didn't work at all. Now I had TWO boring parts and the streusel disappeared.

I'm not sure how long I baked them, but it must have been too long, they were dry unless you scarfed them down right from the oven. ( Not that that is a BAD thing! )

Definitely will use paper cupcake things instead of foil so they can be nuked.

But the nurses ate them anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter