Bittersweet last trip

I can't even find the right words to say, but you are in my thoughts. Take care, and bless you all.

((((((((Hugs))))))))) to you Carrie at this difficult time. All our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can't even imagine what you're going through:( I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip and create some magical memories. God Bless you.

Thank you for sharing your family's trip.....I hope your dad has a great time on his final trip...

Carrie, you sound like a strong and wonerful person. Enjoy this trip, I'm sure this trip will have so many memories for you. My prayers are with you and your family.

Carrie, you sound like a strong and wonerful person. Enjoy this trip, I'm sure this trip will have so many memories for you. My prayers are with you and your family.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. May God bless you and all that are dear to you. Your dad sounds like a trooper. Tell him how much he is loved. Jimmalru80 & family.

My prayers are with you, your dad, and your family. It is wonderful for you to be able to be with your family and share these memories! I know what you mean about hearing your dad's voice! My mom died at 56 , and I wish she were here to share Disney with her granddaughters!

I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through, especially your Dad. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Susan

Carrie: As I sit here and read your message, I have tears in my eyes. My heart goes out to you. I lost my mom unexpectedly last month. Never will I know the joy of seeing Disney with her. Cherish this trip with your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.so sorry to hear what your family is dealing with.

There are no words to express my thanks for the outpouring of support received from everyone. I have no doubt that your prayers and positive thoughts contributed to our wonderful trip. I'll try to put together a trip report in a few days, but wanted to let everyone know that we are back and our trip was lovely. We had very realistic expectations, with the most important being that we had time together as a family, in a setting that would provide my dad happiness and distract us from what we are dealing with. This goal was surpassed.

Disney service was superb. Any chance they had to be accommodating they were. My sister and brother even managed to get a room at CSR for the "booked weekend". The staff were so helpful. They were 99% booked 5/17 but worked closely with my sister and ended up with room for her. Though 5/17 was at rack rate they did give the discount for 5/18. We were even able to keep our 3 rooms that were conveniently located next to each other.

Everything was very accessible and my dad felt very "free" being able to maneuver with his scooter. Our first stay at AKL was beyond words. What a resort it is! All my expectations were surpassed and now I know why everyone raves about this resort.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to each and everyone of you who prayed, shared stories and wished us well. What a comfort you have provided to us.

Carrie

I am so glad you had a wonderful trip with your Dad and family.your family will be in my prayers.

So glad your trip went well. You and your entire family continue to be in my daily prayers.
Lisa

Carrie, thanks for giving us an update on how your trip went. So glad to hear it went really well. Looking forward to the tirp report too.

Dear Carrie, just read your post tonight and wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you and your family. I know exactly how you are feeling. We lost my dad almost seven years ago this June 9th to mesothelioma, a rare cancer of the pleural lining. He was only 64, never ill, and died within three months of diagnosis, a truly hellish time. We were planning a family trip to Disney for his 65th birthday that coming December, but never made it. I am so glad for you all that you got to spend some time together at WDW, and I know those memories will sustain you through the hard times to come. I pray that your dad will not suffer. If you need to talk, feel free to PM or email me. I'm a nurse also, so truly understand in all ways.

Last spring we were planning a trip to WDW with my inlaws. My FIL was 69. He was never able to go with us (too weak). He passed away on the last day of our trip without him. What a blessing that your dad was granted the energy to make it to be there with all of you. I know you'll treasure it always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter