"Black Friday" ??

nile455

<font color=green>Have you met the Monsters of the
Am I the only one on the planet who never heard of this term until this year? Just checking...

No you are not. Although I have shopped on Black Friday before I have never heard it called that..... and all over the news they were saying today is "cyber Monday"???? These people have lost it!! ;)

I started hearing it a while back but didn't always know the meaning behind it. Now I know that since it is such a huge shopping day and the businesses bring in so much money, they are in the 'black' as opposed to 'red', i.e. being in debt.

This is the first year that I have heard that phrase used. Funny because once I heard it I heard it everywhere. :confused3

First time hearing it as "black friday" and cyber monday doesn't seem too cool, am I missing everything?

I've known about Black Friday for about 14 years. When I was working in retail that is what we always called the day after Thanksgiving. I just assumed everyone knew what it meant but now that I think about it I think the retailers haven't been referring to it as Black Friday for very long.

I have heard the term Black Friday for a few years, but Cyber Monday was all new to me this year!!!

It has been Black Friday in this area as long as I can remember.....yes it is an accounting term. Red is a negative (debt) position, while black is a positive (profit) position.

This is the first year I have heard of Cyber Monday, but the logic behind it does make sense....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter