• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blizzard Beach and/or Typhoon Lagoon

pigletgirl

Mama to 4 Disney loving kids!
My daughter and I will be in Disney in mid September. We will be driving in from Melbourne pretty early in morning and originally we were going to MK. I have been thinking over the past few days if we should head to one of the two parks for the majority of the day. I do not know much about the parks. My mom will be joining us in the evening but because she has MS, a day at the water park is not good for her.

1. Do they have any type of premium rental chair rental available? I will be the only parent with DD so I would like something not too far away from the water so I can monitor our things. I'm only planning on bringing essential pool things plus my magic band. We will take the bus over. (We will have a rental car, would that be easier?)

2. Which park is more ideal for a toddler?

3. Any other pertinent information I need to know?

Blizzard beach hands down! Typhoon lagoon is ok, but blizzard beach was much better. I preferred the layout and the rides over typhoon lagoon.

Hmm, interesting. Last poster had a clear preference.
Both water parks are wonderful. In my opinion, :-), Typhoon Lagoon is much more lavishly landscaped and themed. Just a beautiful, plush place to spend the day, and, the best wave pool I have ever been in.
Blizzard Beach, however, is more of a pure water slide type of place.
I think i just depends on what you like most. Honestly, they are both wonderful. I am not sure you can go wrong at either.
As far as your question as to which is better for a toddler, I really cannot say, sorry. Have never been there with a toddler. Hope to though, as grandchild number 1 was just born in October.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Both parks have cabanas and reserved umbrellas with reserved chairs is restricted areas. Contact 407-WDW-PLAY or check online at Disneyworld.com for details and reservations.

Do you know if Disney Visa gets a discount on either the Cabana or the reserved umbrellas/chair

I think Blizzard beach is better for a toddler. If you have a car, that would be much better than taking the bus. Parking is very easy and free at the water parks.

What resort are you staying at? IMHO, I would stay at the resort pool with a toddler and save the money. The water parks are fabulous, but a toddler can have just as much fun at the resort pool. Many of them have slides and some have splash areas.

BB all the way with a little one. There is very little to do at TL with a toddler that you can't ALSO do at BB. OTOH, there are a lot of things at BB that are toddler friendly that just don't exist at TL. Most importantly, IMO: the family raft ride at BB is not only WORLD's better than the one at TL, but it generally has a much, much shorter line.

TL has 3 real things going for it: The Wave pool, Shark Reef, and Crushin' Gusher. All definite headline type attractions, NONE of them appropriate for small children. Winner, Blizzard Beach.

Blizzard beach is ok.We wont do it again because there isnt too much to do there.Acually we were kinna bored after a couple of hours.Typhoon Lagoon is awesome.Our daughter loved it and so did we.There is so much to do there compared to BB.The theming is great.More slides and a huge wave pool.The lazy river is the best one we have ever done.You wont go wrong with Typhoon Lagoon.And yes the have cabannas

And there you have it! Last two posters: Blizzard Beach all the way, no wait - Typhoon Lagoon is awesome!
Glad we could help you decide!
I think you are going to have to try both of them.

My daughter and I will be in Disney in mid September. We will be driving in from Melbourne pretty early in morning and originally we were going to MK. I have been thinking over the past few days if we should head to one of the two parks for the majority of the day. I do not know much about the parks. My mom will be joining us in the evening but because she has MS, a day at the water park is not good for her.

1. Do they have any type of premium rental chair rental available? I will be the only parent with DD so I would like something not too far away from the water so I can monitor our things. I'm only planning on bringing essential pool things plus my magic band. We will take the bus over. (We will have a rental car, would that be easier?)

2. Which park is more ideal for a toddler?

3. Any other pertinent information I need to know?

I've only been to Blizzard Beach, but we are planning on visiting both water parks in May. Personally, the theming of BB does not appeal to me at all - I loathe anything to do with cold, snow, or skiing, so the "melting ski resort" doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather spend my time in a tropically-themed park (like Typhoon Lagoon). (I'm still going to go to BB since we already have tickets and others are interested in the slides.)

I really don't remember what the kiddie areas of BB are like since we went before having kids. However, we have taken DD to several non-Disney water parks. As a toddler, she was mostly interested in the lazy river (she would sit on an inner tube and we could hang onto the outside), splash pad areas, and very small slides. TL has an area called Ketchakiddee Creek, which I looked up on google images, and it looks like something DD would have loved as a toddler (even though she's a little older now, I'm sure she'll still have fun playing there with her little brother).

But really, I'd think that if your daughter is similar to ours, either park would be fine considering the limited interests. Therefore, I'd pick based on location and aesthetics. Which park is closer to your hotel or wherever you plan on going after spending time at the water park?

Also, we didn't take towels with us to BB and were fine. The only time we've ever taken a towel to a water park is for DD, since we find that we dry pretty quickly anyway. If we drive to a water park, DH and I leave a towel on our seats in the car just in case we're still a little damp, but we don't bother taking them into the park with us. DD also likes to have swim goggles, but we never take them for ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter