Blood pressure taken at resorts?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we’re staying at beach club and bay lake. I have to monitor my blood pressure since the doctor just put me on medication. I won’t have to do it every day, but instead of bringing my cuff, is there a place I can stop in to have it taken? If not I’ll just pack the cuff.
Thank you!

I would pack the cuff. There’s not really anything onsite that you could use. You would have to go to a Walgreens or something like that with a blood pressure machine.
I agree with @Skippyboo.
Not only because it may not be convenient, but retail blood pressure monitors aren't really consistent across manufactures or even models. If you know your "normal" numbers with your regular cuff, you can easily spot when you have "abnormal" numbers.
When you get a new or different cuff, the numbers may be different right away.

No first aid help at resorts. If need be, a paramedic can be called. It is free
Each park has a first aid area.
I have seen an app for blood pressure. Not sure how accurate it is .

As others have mentioned, bring your cuff. I had a similar issue as yours. As recommended by my cardiologist, I take my blood pressure at the same time every morning, post wake-up bathroom break, pre breakfast and coffee which was too early for me to be roaming around the resort or parks. It was also suggested to take an additional reading in the evenings - depending on a regular dinner schedule before eating or before bedtime - which again varied a bit while at the parks/resort, but having my own cuff kept my reading consistent and was very convenient.

No first aid help at resorts. If need be, a paramedic can be called. It is free
Each park has a first aid area.
I have seen an app for blood pressure. Not sure how accurate it is .
That’s not what the paramedics on site are for. They are short staffed as it is, they are needed for guest emergencies, not monitoring blood pressure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter