BLT 7 months out???

Huey

Earning My Ears
Just wondered if anyone had any idea what my chances of getting 14 days at BLT from Oct 26th at 7 month window, definitely a studio, ideally MK view.

Thanks in advance (as long as it's good news):wizard:

Just wondered if anyone had any idea what my chances of getting 14 days at BLT from Oct 26th at 7 month window, definitely a studio, ideally MK view.

MK or Standard view - unlikely. Lake view - maybe.

I was very surprised this week. I had been searching a 2 bedroom for july 31 to august 4th (definitely not 14 days like yours). When my points finally came in i went to make the reservations 5 months outs and saw a BLT 2 bedroom and booked it. I really don't understand why the lake views are the last to book except they are almost as much as the MK view and not as desirable. To me for a "last minute trip" I was very happy to get the room regardless of the view. I have always been pretty lucky getting what we wanted under 7 months but then again I have never been lucky enough to be lucking for a 14 day reservation. I'm jealous.

I was very surprised this week. I had been searching a 2 bedroom for july 31 to august 4th (definitely not 14 days like yours). When my points finally came in i went to make the reservations 5 months outs and saw a BLT 2 bedroom and booked it. I really don't understand why the lake views are the last to book except they are almost as much as the MK view and not as desirable. To me for a "last minute trip" I was very happy to get the room regardless of the view. I have always been pretty lucky getting what we wanted under 7 months but then again I have never been lucky enough to be lucking for a 14 day reservation. I'm jealous.

There are far more lake view rooms than park or standard view. I had a lake view studio last week and it had a park view over to the left. Request even number room, north side.

As a BLT owner, my opinion would be that your chances are pretty poor. That is a very popular time of year for DVC members to visit WDW, and 14 nights is a really long trip. Good luck, and definitely have a back up plan.

for 14 nights would do at least 2 resorts

how about bcv or bwv - and blt? of course they would even be harder to get.

for 14 nights would do at least 2 resorts

how about bcv or bwv - and blt? of course they would even be harder to get.

Pat, you mean, OKW, SSR or AKV, don't you? Those are going to be the only ones available at that time for that long of a stay. You have Halloween (meaning Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties), Jersey Week, Veteran's Day, End of F&W and the Food & Wine Half Marathon.

Thanks everyone, I can't give up on the glimmer of hope but it doesn't sound too good, we will be happy at ssr or okw but would love blt for a change from downtown area. We have to do 14 nights as we fly in from the UK so any less is seriously cost prohibitive. Have to get my magic fix in one long holiday, it's great to look forward to but flies by way too quick, I get jealous of those who can weekend at Disney or do short breaks. Funny how the grass is always greener! ;-)

Lake views are 69% of the rooms in the resort and thus usually the last to fill. Be aware that it is very easy to get BLT late July and early Aug for lake view and even possibly theme park view at 7 months out. However, it is very difficult to get anything at BLT last part of Oct. DVC basically has two overall demand seasons; (a) the time from the Tuesday in Jan after marathon weekend to just before the end of Sep during which many things even at the near park resorts are often open at 7 months out even during holidays, and (b) the time between the end of Sep when Food & Wine starts and the Tues after marathon weekend in Jan during which it can often be very difficult to impossible to get anything at the near park resorts at 7 months out particularly if looking for more than two or three nights in a row.

Lake views are 69% of the rooms in the resort and thus usually the last to fill. Be aware that it is very easy to get BLT late July and early Aug for lake view and even possibly theme park view at 7 months out. However, it is very difficult to get anything at BLT last part of Oct. DVC basically has two overall demand seasons; (a) the time from the Tuesday in Jan after marathon weekend to just before the end of Sep during which many things even at the near park resorts are often open at 7 months out even during holidays, and (b) the time between the end of Sep when Food & Wine starts and the Tues after marathon weekend in Jan during which it can often be very difficult to impossible to get anything at the near park resorts at 7 months out particularly if looking for more than two or three nights in a row.
So I don't have much chance getting a 2 bd November 9 th for a week either then??

So I don't have much chance getting a 2 bd November 9 th for a week either then??

Veterans Day weekend is popular. Last weekend I wanted to book BWV arriving Nov 9, everything was soldout. I got Nov 11-16 for a boardwalk view studio and waitlisted Nov 10. Then a pool/garden studio opened up so I booked that and waitlisted for boardwalk view that night.

Veterans Day weekend is popular. Last weekend I wanted to book BWV arriving Nov 9, everything was soldout. I got Nov 11-16 for a boardwalk view studio and waitlisted Nov 10. Then a pool/garden studio opened up so I booked that and waitlisted for boardwalk view that night.

Well, I guess I will try. If not, we will stay at AKV. It's just this year we are bringing friends and were hoping to stay at either BLT or BWV. Either way is ok. As long as we are going to WDW I will be happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter