• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT chances at 7 months??

disneychick0412

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of trying to get a 2 bedroom at BLT starting May 17th, 2012 for 6 nights. I don't own there but would like to get the cheapest (points wise) view possible. I'm guessing that standard view would be next to impossible???

Thanks!! :)

Probably correct but you never know. You would probably have a good chance at getting a Lakeview though.

I'm thinking of trying to get a 2 bedroom at BLT starting May 17th, 2012 for 6 nights. I don't own there but would like to get the cheapest (points wise) view possible. I'm guessing that standard view would be next to impossible???

A couple of weeks ago I was able to cancel our home resort (OKW) 2 BR villa ressie and book a 2 bedroom standard view villa at BLT for our family for 3 nights in early March close to the start time of the Flower and Garden Festival. I was surprised to see availability both at BLT and VGF in a 2 BR villa. The theme park view at BLT was also available, but we opted for the cheaper points of a standard view at BLT. We also like the idea of the third full bathroom for the ones that are sleeping on the living room pullout. So, keep your fingers crossed and good luck! pixiedust:

I tried at exactly 7 months to switch from AKV to BLT. I could not get the first two nights but did get the rest of our trip booked for five nights lake view. We have friends going with us and they are excited to stay in two different resorts. We have never done a split stay before but I don't mind giving it a try - will be in a 2 br 11/11-16

Low chance for standard in mid-May. High chance for lake view if attempt made exactly 7 months out.

We were only able to get lake view this summer(early June) at 7 months out. But, boy, was it worth it!:thumbsup2. Super resort!

There's always the highest chance for lake view, as PPs have said.

I scored a 2-bedroom lake view at BLT at the 7-month window, although it was for a trip in early January, much less crowded than May.

Good luck!

I think there is no chance of getting BLT in May of 2012..LOL

I got BLT lake view for October 2013 just 3 weeks out, can't wait.
We have had great luck for May weeks for 2bd, last year we called at 7 month mark and had our choice of all resorts including BLT & BCV.

good luck

We had no problem getting a lake view 7 months out. accept for our arrival date which we had to go on a wait list for. The wait lasted 3 days.pixiedust:

Standard view and magic kingdom view unlikely but we have had good success at getting 2 bedrooms lake views in fact better than most other resorts. We have also had good success with wait lists it seems to be a resort with a lot of movement

We have just arrived home from spending 8 nights in BLT ( 1 bedroom), non theme park view but we did get a side view of MK :thumbsup2 We also booked at 7 months and had no problem. Love this resort :cool1:

Booking for mid-Oct., we tried to book at exactly 7 months for only 3 or 4 nights. We were splitting our stay anyway so we were super flexible, even between a lake and theme park view. No dice for us. We wait listed a 1BR for both of those views and it never came though. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter