BLT kitchenette/bathroom sink setup

AmyB2006

I'd rather be in Disney!
So I've been noticing some talk about how they are or have redone the studios to where the bathroom sink is part of the little kitchenette area. Is this a completed project or still underway?

Any opinions on what you like better, those that have gotten to stay there? We're going in December (Yay!!) and I will probably try some room requests this time. I usually don't, just take what I get.

So I've been noticing some talk about how they are or have redone the studios to where the bathroom sink is part of the little kitchenette area. Is this a completed project or still underway?

Any opinions on what you like better, those that have gotten to stay there? We're going in December (Yay!!) and I will probably try some room requests this time. I usually don't, just take what I get.

It was completed awhile ago. I was there in March, what I didn't like was the sink in the bathroom had very little counter space. It was a design screwup from the start. The bathroom and kitchenette take up half the room space, the bed area is very small.

The bathroom sink is no longer part of the kitchenette area. There's a cozy corner sink in the bathroom with shelf space. That gives an extra counter space in the kitchenette. I really like the studio set up. It is small compared to others,but we've stayed, 2 adults, 1 8 year old and thought it was fine. DGS really enjoys the Community Room there.
Bobbi

Hmmm so they're all like that then? It just sounds strange to have the kitchenette and bathroom sink in the same area. :/. Who thought of that?? LOL

ETA oh so wait. You're saying it was originally set up that way but now there is a sink in the bathroom area as well??

Oh I must have read that wrong.

Yes, the renovation to move the bathroom sink into the bathroom and out of the kitchenette was completed some time ago.

We've not experienced a studio as of yet. We've done a 1BR and a dedicated 2BR. The dedicated 2BR is a nicer layout than the studio as the 2nd bedroom doesn't have the kitchenette to contend with.

But, the layout is sink in bathroom now. The studios are smaller than the other resorts, but it makes the living room space in the 1BR bigger. So, smaller studios, but bigger 1 BRs.

It's very true to condo living. Smaller spaces for more money near the action.

I just returned, and I agree with previous poster. I thought that the rooms seemed very small because of the layout. Hated the tiny sink in the bathroom . Could not leave the hair dryer out. Had to put it away every night. I felt there was a lot of wasted space with the layout.

Yes, the renovation to move the bathroom sink into the bathroom and out of the kitchenette was completed some time ago.

We've not experienced a studio as of yet. We've done a 1BR and a dedicated 2BR. The dedicated 2BR is a nicer layout than the studio as the 2nd bedroom doesn't have the kitchenette to contend with.

But, the layout is sink in bathroom now. The studios are smaller than the other resorts, but it makes the living room space in the 1BR bigger. So, smaller studios, but bigger 1 BRs.

It's very true to condo living. Smaller spaces for more money near the action.

Actually, that's one thing I thought of when I was there. Reminded me of a tiny New York City hotel room. $584 rack rate, someone would be crazy to pay that, they better get free dining.

Actually, that's one thing I thought of when I was there. Reminded me of a tiny New York City hotel room. $584 rack rate, someone would be crazy to pay that, they better get free dining.

I've stayed in BLT studios on 3 or 4 trips now, for part of our trip. I have to say I like the layout as I prefer to have everything bathroom related in one room.

The space is small and feels small, but we are usually just two so we can deal with it.

The kitchenette on the other hand feels more like a kitchen because it is enclosed on three sides with a doorway - no door. I did not experience it before the 'fix' for the bathroom sink, but I can imagine the area felt larger, albeit a little weird to be brushing your teeth so close to the 'kitchen' sink.

The kitchenette has tons of storage.

Balconies are spacious.

Just booked a few nights for June and got a standard view. Up till now we've had Lake views and they were all gorgeous, both north end and south end. Wait listing for a lake view.

Oh yeah - almost forgot why I answered this post! Just like in a NYC tiny hotel room, I had to climb over the sofa when it was open to get to the balcony!

We have only stayed in 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom villas with my mom and family but just my mom and I are going end if Aug so we got a standard studio. Is it correct the studios all have balconies too (with exception to first floor rooms)? Thank you very much!

Is it correct the studios all have balconies too (with exception to first floor rooms)? Thank you very much!

Yes. All the BLT studios have balconies, except for the villas on the ground floor, which have patios.

Hmmm so they're all like that then? It just sounds strange to have the kitchenette and bathroom sink in the same area. :/. Who thought of that?? LOL

ETA oh so wait. You're saying it was originally set up that way but now there is a sink in the bathroom area as well??

Oh I must have read that wrong.

Just making sure that you understand that sinks are now in separate rooms. But because of the change it means that there is very little counter space around the bathroom sink.

DH and I really like the studio at BLT. So much so that instead of getting a dedicated to share with my nephew and his family we got a lock off, so we could have the studio section. I love all of the space in the kitchenette the storage is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter