BLT Resort pics without some scaffolding.

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
Put this on the DVC board the other day as well.

One side is looking very nice.

WDWXMAS2008553.jpg

WDWXMAS2008535.jpg

WDWXMAS2008544.jpg

WDWXMAS2008537.jpg

WDWXMAS2008536.jpg

WDWXMAS2008541.jpg

WDWXMAS2008556.jpg

WDWXMAS2008533.jpg

It is looking good! Thank you for the pictures.

What is the inside supposed to look like?

I mean it looks nice from the outside, but doesnt look like anything remarkable...

I'm surprised to see it. The design is not very innovative. It looks like an office tower in any midwestern city in the U.S. Couldn't they have done something a bit more interesting and creative?

Okay, I've been trying to figure this out for days now. What does BLT stand for? Besides bacon, lettuce, and tomato, that is. :rotfl:

Great pictures as always, jade1. Thanks for posting.

We took out a pontoon boat on Sunday and DS1 noticed that the scaffolding was down. It really makes a difference.

jrt1176, here are some photos of the models from allears:http://land.allears.net/blogs/lindamac/2008/09/ready_bay_lake_tower_disneys_n.html

My younger son and I toured the models in October and I loved them. Not usually a fan of modern decor but these manage to be both modern and warm.

Okay, I've been trying to figure this out for days now. What does BLT stand for? Besides bacon, lettuce, and tomato, that is. :rotfl:

Bay Lake Tower.;)

I'm surprised to see it. The design is not very innovative. It looks like an office tower in any midwestern city in the U.S. Couldn't they have done something a bit more interesting and creative?

DVC tries to match the current building - in this case CR.

it does have alot more glass than CR.

it definitely looks better in person than the pictures look.

Great pictures as always, jade1. Thanks for posting.

We took out a pontoon boat on Sunday and DS1 noticed that the scaffolding was down. It really makes a difference.

jrt1176, here are some photos of the models from allears:http://land.allears.net/blogs/lindamac/2008/09/ready_bay_lake_tower_disneys_n.html

My younger son and I toured the models in October and I loved them. Not usually a fan of modern decor but these manage to be both modern and warm.

Didn't get a chance to view actual models so thanks for posting this link to real pics instead of the fish-eye lens enhanced Disney produced ones. Still looks great!! Can't wait for our first visit 'home' in 2011

OK, I was figuring I'd get flamed but I TOTALLY AGREE with you. It is very unimpressive to me! I know they're trying for the CR look but really, if you look at the photos and didn't know it was situated between the CR and MK at WDW you'd think it was some office building or hotel in an newer (maybe not even necessarily that new) urban area. :confused3

But I do have to say, I have seen the virtual photos of the inside and the rooms are very nice, but again when people mock some of the other resorts that don't "feel" Disney, well this one is right up there. The main thing it has going for it is looking outside and seeing MK or the CR. Unless they have Disneyish accessories inside the rooms you'd never know you were in Disney! Flame on...;)

:lmao: Ahh...thank you very much. Although I will probably keep calling it bacon, lettuce, and tomato in my head, it's good to know the REAL name.

:rotfl: I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it that way when I first saw that!:rotfl2:

OK, I was figuring I'd get flamed but I TOTALLY AGREE with you. It is very unimpressive to me! I know they're trying for the CR look but really, if you look at the photos and didn't know it was situated between the CR and MK at WDW you'd think it was some office building or hotel in an newer (maybe not even necessarily that new) urban area. :confused3

But I do have to say, I have seen the virtual photos of the inside and the rooms are very nice, but again when people mock some of the other resorts that don't "feel" Disney, well this one is right up there. The main thing it has going for it is looking outside and seeing MK or the CR. Unless they have Disneyish accessories inside the rooms you'd never know you were in Disney! Flame on...;)

No flames necessary. The look is not for everyone-even the location is not for everyone. For us the value of owning here and staying on points is what works. The view from the room is more important to us, then the view of the room. (not my photos below)

InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpg

MKCASTLE.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter