BLT Resort pics without some scaffolding.

The views are amazing. Beyond that, however, I'm definitely not impressed. There is no theming, no fantasy, no delight, unless one is in the room and looking out the window. For those of us who don't necessarily plan to stay there, all I can say looking at it is, eh.

Where are the Disney designers who came up with a monorail going right through a building? Or, think of the GF. It may not be totally original, but it is gorgeous. WL is everyone's fantasy of what the great national park lodges ought to have been. Even the Swan and Dolphin are unique and interesting. The Polynesian, while not to my taste, at least whisks one away to a fantasy location far from everyday. CSR and POR also create something of a world away. Perhaps, the most realized hotel for taking one away to an exotic locale (while staying in Orlando) is AKL.

When one thinks of the possibilities for a hotel with the unbeatable location of BLT, one can't help but think why couldn't they have done something more unique -- something futuristic and even daring. WDW, IMO, has lost its creative spark in a continual reach for profits. Saratoga Springs Resort is, IMO, the ultimate in unoriginal, Central Florida condo blah. We stayed there once and that was enough.

Now, we have BLT -- the ultimate in midwestern office building blah.

Sorry, flame if you wish but I'm disappointed

The views are amazing. Beyond that, however, I'm definitely not impressed. There is no theming, no fantasy, no delight, unless one is in the room and looking out the window. For those of us who don't necessarily plan to stay there, all I can say looking at it is, eh.

Where are the Disney designers who came up with a monorail going right through a building? Or, think of the GF. It may not be totally original, but it is gorgeous. WL is everyone's fantasy of what the great national park lodges ought to have been. Even the Swan and Dolphin are unique and interesting. The Polynesian, while not to my taste, at least whisks one away to a fantasy location far from everyday. CSR and POR also create something of a world away. Perhaps, the most realized hotel for taking one away to an exotic locale (while staying in Orlando) is AKL.

When one thinks of the possibilities for a hotel with the unbeatable location of BLT, one can't help but think why couldn't they have done something more unique -- something futuristic and even daring. WDW, IMO, has lost its creative spark in a continual reach for profits. Saratoga Springs Resort is, IMO, the ultimate in unoriginal, Central Florida condo blah. We stayed there once and that was enough.

OK, I was figuring I'd get flamed but I TOTALLY AGREE with you. It is very unimpressive to me! I know they're trying for the CR look but really, if you look at the photos and didn't know it was situated between the CR and MK at WDW you'd think it was some office building or hotel in an newer (maybe not even necessarily that new) urban area. :confused3

But I do have to say, I have seen the virtual photos of the inside and the rooms are very nice, but again when people mock some of the other resorts that don't "feel" Disney, well this one is right up there. The main thing it has going for it is looking outside and seeing MK or the CR. Unless they have Disneyish accessories inside the rooms you'd never know you were in Disney! Flame on...;)

I think you have hit on what a lot of folks have said. Absolutely nothing wrong with those opinions-even of those "not planning to stay there". Again, what we see from our room is much more important than the exterior of the room since we walk to it in a few minutes-but are inside (floor to ceiling windows) and on the deck for 10 plus hours a day. Kind of the "who cares what the helicopter looks like" when riding through the grand canyon. A whole different theme would not fit that close to Contemporary-but I agree if the CR had never been there (or gulp) was torn down, and whole new resort built there (like GF or whatever) as long as it is this tall, it could look better than it does-it is what it is though-and many of us plan to enjoy it.

I think you have hit on what a lot of folks have said. Absolutely nothing wrong with those opinions-even of those "not planning to stay there". Again, what we see from our room is much more important than the exterior of the room since we walk to it in a few minutes-but are inside (floor to ceiling windows) and on the deck for 10 plus hours a day. Kind of the "who cares what the helicopter looks like" when riding through the grand canyon. A whole different theme would not fit that close to Contemporary-but I agree if the CR had never been there (or gulp) was torn down, and whole new resort built there (like GF or whatever) as long as it is this tall, it could look better than it does-it is what it is though-and many of us plan to enjoy it.

I agree with you. More important is the place for you to enjoy, In the first place, you're there to enjoy and have fun. Not just staying in a room, looking every sides of the room. :lmao:

We bought 50 points, sight unseen, (although we bought 200 points at BWV having never been to the Boardwalk, either) and toured the models in November. The decor is unlike any DVC we have ever stayed at, and we were very impressed. Can't wait to take that 5 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom when we stay there.

Im with you on this, Ive said this on other threads too, I think the Imagineers are mailing it in lately...I want some more magic

As with all design it is a balance between function and efficiency, cost, and appearance. Since with its location, maximizing views was a top priority I think that drove much of the design. Also remember it is a DVC so they are interested in attracting “owners” not “guests” (look at the design of VWL) along with maximizing profits so the equation is different. I cannot believe they did not put a pool on the roof. But since they figure they will sell it on location and room view only I guess the expense could not be justified.

bookwormde

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter