BLT Theme Park View

oneprincessjo

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!! I will be staying at BLT next January, we have previously stayed 2 other times but we had lake view, this time we are getting theme park view. I have already requested to be on the 15th floor. Are there any other recommendations in regards to that view that I should be requesting? Will I really have a great view of the Magic Kingdom or will it be more parking lot? Also, I have never been to Disney in January. What are the crowds like? I would imagine it would be pretty "slow" since its only a few weeks after Christmas and before spring break. Let me know what you think. TIA!

Did you check out the views during you last stays?

IMO you face the theme park but there isn't much to see. The roof of space mountain is just beyond the parking lot and the top of the castle is in the distance. The park is obscured deliberately from view with fences, walls, trees, and the backstage buildings.

:earsboy: Bill

Oh, this is great. Thank you! I stayed on the 15th floor my last trip in a one bedroom lakeview, this upcoming trip will be a 1 bedroom theme park view. I can't imagine that they wouldn't have a 1 bedroom theme park view on the 15th floor if they have lake view... Either way I did include my request to say 15th or highest floor available, so if they don't have anything on the 15th floor I wouldn't mind one or 2 floors below.

Oh, this is great. Thank you! I stayed on the 15th floor my last trip in a one bedroom lakeview, this upcoming trip will be a 1 bedroom theme park view. I can't imagine that they wouldn't have a 1 bedroom theme park view on the 15th floor if they have lake view... Either way I did include my request to say 15th or highest floor available, so if they don't have anything on the 15th floor I wouldn't mind one or 2 floors below.

The only 15th floor TP view rooms are GVs. Best is to just request high floor or request a room that begins with the number 8 (which is 10th fl or above).

I have had TP view with a 2BR on the 10th floor. You do see the castle in the distance, Space Mountain, GF further off in the distance, but you also see a lot of parking lot and that is going to be true no matter how high you are. Personal view is that lake view is actually better than TP view but many need to do TP view once to convince themselves of that. TP view is good for one thing, seeing the fireworks; lake view is good all day long.

As to crowd sizes, they are extreme the first three and sometimes four days of Jan and then range from modest to busy but manageable, with somewhat more around Marathon weekend and days around MLK. Weather is always the wild card as it can be in the 70s and even 80s or it can be no higher than 45 and both of those can sometimes occur in consecutive days.

BLT is our home resort and we stayed there last Sept. with a theme park view. You have to do it at least once, but after that, back to the lake view. I will say that for me, the best thing about the theme park view is waking up at night and seeing that castle glowing in the dark. I'm not a good sleeper and I'm always up at least 2 or 3 times a night. We were up pretty high and left the curtains partly open and it was just beautiful to see! (deluxe studio) But IMHO, not really worth the extra points. Have a great vacation, we leave this Saturday for a week at BWV, can"t wait!:rotfl:

OaksPAC said:
BLT is our home resort and we stayed there last Sept. with a theme park view. You have to do it at least once, but after that, back to the lake view. I will say that for me, the best thing about the theme park view is waking up at night and seeing that castle glowing in the dark. I'm not a good sleeper and I'm always up at least 2 or 3 times a night. We were up pretty high and left the curtains partly open and it was just beautiful to see! (deluxe studio) But IMHO, not really worth the extra points. Have a great vacation, we leave this Saturday for a week at BWV, can"t wait!:rotfl:

BLT is my home base as well. We just purchased additional points and they are retroactive. So we have the additional points to do Theme Park View this time... I do absolutely love lake view though. Theme park view is just an extra little treat this time around. Can't wait!! So jealous that you will be heading down on Saturday. Have fun!!!

drusba said:
The only 15th floor TP view rooms are GVs. Best is to just request high floor or request a room that begins with the number 8 (which is 10th fl or above).

I have had TP view with a 2BR on the 10th floor. You do see the castle in the distance, Space Mountain, GF further off in the distance, but you also see a lot of parking lot and that is going to be true no matter how high you are. Personal view is that lake view is actually better than TP view but many need to do TP view once to convince themselves of that. TP view is good for one thing, seeing the fireworks; lake view is good all day long.

As to crowd sizes, they are extreme the first three and sometimes four days of Jan and then range from modest to busy but manageable, with somewhat more around Marathon weekend and days around MLK. Weather is always the wild card as it can be in the 70s and even 80s or it can be no higher than 45 and both of those can sometimes occur in consecutive days.

This is great info! Thank you so much! I did request 15th floor or highest available, since 15th is for GV only I would be satisfied with a couple floors down. I have so far stayed on the 11th and 15th floor, 2 and 1 bedroom villas respectively... Lake view and lake view has never been a disappointment. We just bought additional points, so we have a few points to play with, so we opted for theme park... It will probably just be this one time, and then like you said it will be back to lake view.

Mk view rooms numbers end between 16 - 30. Request the number to end between 16-22. They directly face the MK. I stayed on the 9th floor ending in 18, and no photo or disboard post could really show just how awesome it was to look right out to the magic kingdom....

.... That said, rooms ending between 24-30 actually face more toward the grand floridian with the MK off to the far right. I would be pretty disappointed to get one of those after paying the extra points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter