Bluejasmine dining review on free dining

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Ok let me first mention my daughter and I were both quite sick on this trip so we didnt get to use our dining to the fullest like we did last year but we still enjoyed it.

Ohanas-We were offered smoothies as our beverage and DS and DD did get one. It was called sand in the pants and combo of strawberry and pina colada. I didnt like the wonton chips as much as the wontons but the shrimp and wings made up for it, next came the maui potatoes and we ordered two more plates of this (had a party of 8) I didnt care for the sausage it was dry but looked good. The bread pudding was just amazing, I really loved it! It was my bday and the waitress announced this to the very full dining room ( I wanted to crawl under the table) but she announced it as my 21st bday so I was happy, she shaved 11 years off my age.. Oh and they gave us a table right at the window had a great view! We went down to the beach and watched the EWP and Wishes, the only bad thing about watching it from the beach is that you cant hear the amazing music.

Coral Reef-what a pretty restaurant! Food was good, service was horrible! We got a nice seat (half booth and half table) right down on the first floor infront of the tanks. Upon being seated we realized right above our heads was a screaming baby, parents sat and talked like they couldnt hear it, we finnally flagged down staff and asked them to do something about it, by this time my head felt like it was gonna explode! Anyway, I had the calamari rings and steak and potatoes and chocolate wave which was all great, DH had the blackend catfish which he likes and son had the mahi mahi which he substituted mash potato for the couscous and he loved it. I tried husbands appetizer of lobster bisque which was good, son had ceasar salad as his appetizer. DH ordered the butterscotch brulee so I could try it and it was very good but the chocolate wave was the bomb! Poor DD9 slept through the entire meal, she always sleeps alot when she is sick. It took forever for our waiter Steve to bring out refills and bring out the check also he had some errors on there too. I would go back because it was an enjoyable meal tho.

Prime Time- as soon as we were seated we were told to set the table. My BIL who was in a horrible mood got irritated with me when I started to teach the kids how to set the silver wear(long story but he did not have a good time in WDW and made the rest of us miserable too ) anyway Liz our sister explained the rules and left after taking our drink orders once she delivered the drinks BIL and DH taught the kids to blow the paper off the straws and the ppl at the next table threated to tell mom, I was having fun but BIL was a sour puss and ruined it again so we ordered. I had the onion rings, pot roast and smores oh and the best part I got to order pb&j milkshake as my drink and it was awesome! SO was everything else. DH had the steak and DS had the fried chicken, DS was in heaven as fried chicken is his fave. DD picked at her macaroni. DH didnt have dessert and DS had strawberry sundea another fave of his.

Boma-we had breakfast here and I loved it, I loved the AKL itself. I had a omlette made(mushroom and cheese) and tried some pastries and oatmeal and some of the frunch but stuck with coffee. I really enjoyed this place and will be back.

Le Cellier- I had the cheese soup, shrimp pasta, and sorbet, I was quite sick by this time so I barely ate but I do remember it was all very good, I honestly dont remember what everyone had except that everyone else at the table got smoothies but all I wanted was water. Service was good as always.

Pecos Bills- great as always, a note to some who have issues with the childrens menu, I did ask if DD could order a hamburger and I would share my fries and dessert but was told they could not, no biggie she shared with me.

snacks-mickey rice crispie bars,mickey ice cream bars, cheese fries(DQ) candy apple, big bar of chocolate and gummy worms from goofy candy co, then we had three left at the end of the trip so from POP we got a big bag of doritos, bbq chips, and a box of nerds.

We did something I never would have normally done but being sick and no one being hungry much we used our CS for breakfast mostly, I was prepared to pay but figured we needed to use the credits. My BIL did have difficulty once when someone charged him a TS by mistake but I went to someone and had it fixed very quickly.

We received excellent service, even if it was very slow at CR and I would go back to each and every place we went to. The servers explained everything in detail as soon as they realized we were on the plan. My only problem was that in Sunshine Seasons I asked a boy behind the counter if the desserts was a snack and he told me no, but I should have asked a cashier because I know many ppl here have reported they were. Also let me add if any of my reviews seem sketchy or dont make sense I aplogize, I am still recovering from the virus I had during my trip as well as when I came home. :crazy:

Thanks for the reviews. When we were at 'Ohana last year (10-1-05) we watched Wishes from the beach afterwards and the music was piped in. Maybe you were away from the area where they piped in the music? :confused3

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. Sorry to hear you and DD were sick during your trip. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter