Board Title (Please Read)

Heck, I just included links to the videos in the Proposed FAQ! :lmao:

I think that it gets asked about enough that it should be included. Right? :upsidedow

Just want to let everyone know the change has been made. It would have been done sooner but Mike linked me to the first post in the thread. It took me 45 minutes to figure out what a Queer FTM Transman was.
I'm a SMAWG myself

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Alex, thanks for the change!

And to everyone else, particularly Mike, no more posting of the dance video. Quit it! Next person that posts it gets banned. BANNED I tell you! And beaten to within an inch of his/her LGBTSMAWGABC life. BEATEN!

And to everyone else, particularly Mike, no more posting of the dance video. Quit it! Next person that posts it gets banned. BANNED I tell you! And beaten to within an inch of his/her LGBTSMAWGABC life. BEATEN!

Why am I almost certain that threatening to inflict physical violence on our guests or a fellow moderator violates a rule

Again with the violence. :sad2:
90249.gif

Let's break that circle. :hug:

What if, instead of posting it, I just remind people that links to it have been included in the proposed FAQ? ;)

I was reading throught the thread with interest thinking to myself in my best Bill and Ted voice "Woah! this is heavy dude!" only to hit the last page and....

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Way to go in changing the mood! *grin*

Anyhoo, without kicking it all off again, if you would like the oppinion of another member of the Trans community, I'm ya girl.

In fact I'm a:

Post Op MTF Lesbian trans female with a knee injury that's left me disabled. All I need to do is trace my DNA to one or other ethnic minority (entirely possible given my "mongrel" background) and I've collected the whole set! (I wonder if I'll get a toaster? :lmao: )

and though I must admit I don't post here much I've never felt excluded (Time for group hug methinks :grouphug: ).

However (no I can never make a statement without playing devil's advocate to myself) when I first came out when I was younger I was "very" aware of the seemingly non-existant TG community and lack of acceptance in the wider community and was very touchy about it. So the change of tagline to say to bi & trans members "Hey, it's cool c'mon in" is definately a good thing.

So there's my two cent's worth.

Oh to answer the person who said they'd like to know more about "being TG"

When a mommy and daddy love each other very much, they have a special kind of cuddle.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

second class citizens get second class treatment

typical

I think that people on this board have been very welcoming to everyone (including you, Tyler) and have gone to great lengths to discuss how we can be more accomodating to everyone. Your points were discussed with the same weight and import as everyone else's were, even after you accused others of being "opressors" or "adultists".

Just because people don't agree with you does not mean they are relegating you to second class citizenship. It means they have a different perspective. That doesn't make them wrong, it makes them different. It doesn't make them opressors, it makes them human beings with their own viewpoints.

I'm not trying to minimalize YOUR viewpoint, which has it's validity, but perhaps you should spend more time looking for the ways that you ARE accepted and welcomed (which you are, by the way, completely and wholeheartedly), and spend less time looking for ways to feel offended and left out. I think you might be surprised at how accepted you feel if you give others the chance to accept you.

Changes have been made, and our awareness has been raised. Celebrate the progress that has been made because you bravely spoke up.

I think that people on this board have been very welcoming to everyone (including you, Tyler) and have gone to great lengths to discuss how we can be more accomodating to everyone. Your points were discussed with the same weight and import as everyone else's were, even after you accused others of being "opressors" or "adultists".

Just because people don't agree with you does not mean they are relegating you to second class citizenship. It means they have a different perspective. That doesn't make them wrong, it makes them different. It doesn't make them opressors, it makes them human beings with their own viewpoints.

I'm not trying to minimalize YOUR viewpoint, which has it's validity, but perhaps you should spend more times looking for the ways that you ARE accepted and welcomed (which you are, by the way, completely and wholeheartedly), and spend less time looking for ways to feel offended and left out. I think you might be surprised at how accepted you feel if you give others the chance to accept you.

Changes have been made, and our awareness has been raised. Celebrate the progress that has been made because you bravely spoke up.

That is an excellent post
At peak we will get over 4000 users on the Disboards. That is 4000 people that now scroll down and see the board description:

This is a board for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgender guests and their family and friends to share information on their Disney Experiences

Some of them will take note of the inclusiveness of this statement. Some of them will stop by the boards and read this discussion. They will learn from it as I have. I will be the first to admit that the thought that Bi and Transgender posters might feel excluded never crossed my mind.
I would have no clue in the world what LGBTQ at Disney meant. If the goal is to get people already in the know to see the board that might have worked better. I think putting it in the description, in plain english that even a SWMAG like me can understand will say a lot more to everyone.

Thank you, Alex - you, sir, are a gentlemen.

I'm gonna put it this way: when you bring up an important issue, generate a great conversation, and get 2/3rds of what you want... you walk away happy and graciously, thanking everyone. That's adult.

I'm gonna put it this way: when you bring up an important issue, generate a great conversation, and get 2/3rds of what you want... you walk away happy and graciously, thanking everyone. That's adult.

well said. Tyler - I think that you are being as seperatist as you have accused others of being. In my opinion (yea - we all have them!) opening anyone's mind to differences is an amazing victory. You have gotten your point out here to many people - I am sure that there is many a lurker who is say to themselves...gee I didn't know that! Now, thanks to you being willing to say your piece they and we do know about this. Knowledge is power and knowledge is acceptance in many ways. Please accept your victory graciously.

I so agree Viki!

Tyler - You might try to see this as a small victory -
and not a huge defeat.
You "moved the needle".
That's more than a lot of people can say.

That is an excellent post
At peak we will get over 4000 users on the Disboards. That is 4000 people that now scroll down and see the board description:

This is a board for Gay, Lesbian, Bi and Transgender guests and their family and friends to share information on their Disney Experiences

Some of them will take note of the inclusiveness of this statement. Some of them will stop by the boards and read this discussion. They will learn from it as I have. I will be the first to admit that the thought that Bi and Transgender posters might feel excluded never crossed my mind.
I would have no clue in the world what LGBTQ at Disney meant. If the goal is to get people already in the know to see the board that might have worked better. I think putting it in the description, in plain english that even a SWMAG like me can understand will say a lot more to everyone.

Alex, very well said.

My 2cents, bottom line is this board is part of DISNEY forum, NOT part of a LGBT (LGBTQQ, GLBTTQQ or whatever permeation you like) forum.

Tyler, I understand you concerns and frustrations as I am sure many do here. I do not mean to make light of your situation. But you have accomplished more that many have here. You brought about change, albeit small or noexistent in your mind. You need to step up and take what you have "won" "earned" "changed" graciously. It is time to start acting like an adult. You keep telling us you are one,but honestly, I have not seen alot of mature actions/reactions/responses/commentaries in this thread. Many of us here are older then you, and have fought our own battles becuase of of sexuality/lifestyles. I for one have left a job partially due to a homophobic work enviroment. Regradless of what the tagline is we live by, our lives are what we make them to be. If you want to continue to be bitter sounding and fight us, the people on the same general team, then you my young friend have a very long road ahead of you. We are not the enemy. I have tried to stay out of this whole thread, and I if I am assessed points for this, then so be it.

When Mike asked for votes and opinions, I sent him mine. I happened to be in the majority of the vote. Why, simplicity. Yes there are many types of people. But to the outsider looking in, it all falls under the GAY umbrella. RIGHT, WRONG, OR INDIFFERENT! As I previously stated this forum is part of the DISboards, it is generally a DISNEY and family (traditional use of the word) thread. For those of us that remember the old days when the CB was even more of a battleground then it is now, we are grateful Pete gave us our own little place to hang out. I think Viki, Rick, and Mike do a pretty fantastic job of keeping our house in order. We are a welcoming group, have many discussions on many topics, we go OT of Disney quite a bit. But we are not on a website devoted to LGBTQQ issues. If we were I would be right in the ring with you for everyone to have equal reprensentation. But we are on a DISNEY related site. Lets not forget that.

We all want change to some degree on one topic or another. Whether it be the title of a board, your something in our lives. Our board is a democracy, we all are free to express our opinions. We voted, and I am sure after much discussion and consideration, the mods put an idea to the webamasters. Change does not always come easily. And you did accomplish a change. You should be proud of that, instead I hear whinning. You want to be treated like an adult, they start acting like one.

I agree with all of the last 5 or 6 posts.

This board is one place I feel COMPLETELY welcomed for being me and not judged.

I am fighting a huge personal battle now, and some folks have gone out of their way to make it difficult. On the other hand, others have said they don't agree with me, but they don't have to, they are friends and they will act like it.

Now do you really think I should say to them that if they can't agree with me that I don't want their friendship? I'll be pretty darn lonely. For me, taking what they can give, is so much better than trying to fight them into complete agreement AND the ones who want to sit back and judge.

I'd much rather have friends who don't agree yet support me, than to deal with the other type with no support to fall back on when it gets too tough.

Viki,
My apologies your quote was left off my response accidently. I was going to simply say. Touché sister. You have always had a way to say what you want, and your meaning comes across, in a witty mature manner. Now I think we need some of our famous light conversations around here so look for my new thread with the catchy title........I'm bringing back an oldie but goodie topic. Opps did I jsut hijack too...Tsk tsk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter