Boardwalk and International Gateway

Used to be a 30 second line to get in. Most recent trip it was almost 20 minute line to get in. Only had 2 entry ways open.

Difficult for pool/garden, too, or just standard & Boardwalk views?
Used to be just SV and BW view, but getting a studio at 11 months has become challenging for all three options. Apparently, many members are “walking” reservations to secure their desired dates. Have not done that ourselves, but have had to book pool/garden views some of the time recently, such as stays around the time of marathon weekends.

So am I. I'm also worried about the bakery in France in the morning. One thing I've loved when staying at BCV is heading over to France for breakfast, when there's hardly anyone there (at least compared to the rest of the day).

The people we travel with ALWAYS make it a habit to go to the Bakery in France (Le Boulonerie-Patissierie, or whatever it is) for breakfast. And it is excellent, and not crowded, up until now.

I'm in the minority with my opinion. I don't think there are going to be dramatic increases in crowds at the IG. The gondolas will be continuously dropping off small groups of people, not like large busses, monorails or ferries which can crowd areas quickly, especially when multiples are dropping off at the same time. I think the lines are going to be a bigger issue at the resort side of the gondola tracks. The IG currently serves four resorts and is rarely crowded when all entry ways are open. I anticipate with three additional resorts, the wait times will still be reasonable, especially compared to any other park entrance. Or maybe I'm just trying really hard to be optimistic given that Epcot is my favorite park, and we stay at the BCV primarily because we spend every evening there.

I'm in the minority with my opinion. I don't think there are going to be dramatic increases in crowds at the IG

The addition of AOA, POP, CBR, and DRR will add more than 6000 rooms with access to the IG. That will effectively double the number of rooms potentially using the IG from today's numbers so it's hard to see this as having a minimal impact. But I agree, I don't think it will be horribly congested though I'd be prepared for some increase in traffic.

I want to see if they do security before getting on the gondola. If everyone has to be security screened at the IG, it will be a mess.
I think they'd have to - any "incident" involving the gondola would be a disaster.

With all the updates they are doing to EP in coming years, they have to manage crowds better. I like that they are being proactive. While there will be more people coming through IG, guests from those resorts are not going to be going through the main entrance at future world. *THAT* entrance is a disaster right now! We avoid it as much as possible.

I want to see if they do security before getting on the gondola. If everyone has to be security screened at the IG, it will be a mess.
I think they'd have to - any "incident" involving the gondola would be a disaster.

With all the updates they are doing to EP in coming years, they have to manage crowds better. I like that they are being proactive. While there will be more people coming through IG, guests from those resorts are not going to be going through the main entrance at future world. *THAT* entrance is a disaster right now! We avoid it as much as possible.
All Gondola Stations are OUTSIDE of the security bubble.

I am concerned about the additional traffic at this entrance. One of the big benefits to staying at an Epcot resort is the easy and less crowded access to this park. I can only hope that the powers that be at WDW have done there homework and have a plan in mind that will allow those of us who regularly use this entrance to continue to have the same enjoyable experience as we have had in the past. People pay a premium to stay in the Epcot resorts with IG being a big selling point to the location. I guess it is a wait and see at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

I forget to say that the gondola's will be a nice addition to the skyline / room view when staying at the BWV in a standard view room. :butterfly

I agree that it will increase the foot traffic, but regardless, it is still very convenient to just walk from your hotel to EPCOT as well as walk to Disney Studios!

I'm hoping the rehab of the entry to IG includes more security screening stations and a larger entry area.
We will find out this fall when the Gondolas are going and the rehab is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter