Boardwalk/Disabilities

Cbaur88

Earning My Ears
Hi Folks, current DVC member here for about 10+ years. Our home base is Saratoga Springs. While we have stayed there a few times we usually transfer into a lower point resort so we can rent 4 studio rooms to accommodate our growing family.

My question to the forum is my mother has become handicapped, so we prefer to stay at the Boardwalk so we can walk to Hollywood Studio's and Epcot and don't need to fuss with the buses much. From what I recall you cannot begin to transfer into another resort until 6 months out of your travel date. So what is the best way for me to try and get into Boardwalk? Do I just wait till 6 months out and be put on the waiting list (I only need 2 rooms this year) and take my chances? Do I book at my home resort 1st and then transfer into Boardwalk when eligible? If I do that wouldn't I lose points? Thanks so much in advance for your time and help!

You can change your booking at 7 months, subject to availabi!ity. Availability will depend on when you are planning to go.

There should be availability for many times of the year for a Pool/Garden view studio. Standard views will usually not be available. Fall, October - Marathon weekend in January, is very challenging for studios and 2 bedrooms (All 2 bedrooms at BWV are lock-offs).

Good luck.

Thanks Carol, we actually are good on points this year so we can possibly move into a bigger room vs. the studio which may or may not be more available. We are looking for end of Sept/early Oct when hopefully Disney isn't too busy and can avoid most crowds. Thanks again!

We are looking for end of Sept/early Oct when hopefully Disney isn't too busy and can avoid most crowds.

That is the very busiest season for BWV bookings, and you will be challenged to get a 2BR for that week at 7 months. Every 2BR at Boardwalk is a lock-off, so when studios are booked the 2BRs are no longer available. They are usually gone by 7 months.

You may have a better chance at 1BRs.

Early October is also very busy for Disney as a whole, and has seen some weather disruptions the last two years.

I've been told and hear so much that Sept is the least busy time for Disney as all kids are back in school? When is Disney not busy? We can do two 1br that would work for us.

I've been told and hear so much that Sept is the least busy time for Disney as all kids are back in school? When is Disney not busy? We can do two 1br that would work for us.

The Food and Wine Festival now starts at the end of August, making September busier. I just booked Poly for June 29 to July 4 with no problem. Boardwalk still had studios available for all 3 views.

DVC busy season starts mid-September. October is no longer an off season across the board.

Try January for a not busy time. It sounds like you have not been to WDW for a long time. Not much will be less points than SSR. There are lower point rooms, but you won't be able to get them. They will be gone before 7 month window opens.

You could rent your points out with David's, then use that money to try to get a room where you want, if one is available, either through renting a reservation there, or CRO.

Last edited:
Try January for a not busy time. It sounds like you have not been to WDW for a long time. Not much will be less points than SSR. There are lower point rooms, but you won't be able to get them. They will be gone before 7 month window opens.

You could rent your points out with David's, then use that money to try to get a room where you want, if one is available, either through renting a reservation there, or CRO.
January after the marathon and not during MLK weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter