Boardwalk Restaurants

Or you can go the opposite direction over to the Swan and dolphin hotels. The dolphin hotel has a really good counter service/food court type place called Picabu.
We love this place. We walked in the first time with eight people ages 2 to 52. Everyone ordered off the menu. The cook asked each of us how we like it, not just cooked but was there something extra we wanted. Plus they bring it to your table.

the S&D restuarants offer quite a variety (and many give DVC discount), BC's hurricane hannah's has great burgers (we're not big fans of beaches & cream tho - crowded, noisy, food hit-or-miss, so-so service).
our fave is big river grill - yummy pasta (and i'm very particular about pasta:)), some of the best burgers, AND they do take-out. as pp said, they give TIW discount.

another option is just to walk over to EPCOT, and grab a bite to eat at one of the many CS options in WS :thumbsup2

They are expanding the bakery to make it more of a quick service, similiar to Beach Club Marketplace. I don't think they want to take away a table service for quick service. I often wondered why they don't do something with the former kids club, make it a quick service.
It's hard to imagine they could make it functional enough for a decent CS option but we'll see. I think I've seen more positive posts related to BR on this thread than I have in years combined. It seems anytime I see it listed here it's in a negative context.

I miss Spoodles!
It never grabbed us but I know for many it was their absolute favorite though I guess not enough otherwise they wouldn't have replaced it. That location is kind of a hidden one though.

They are expanding the bakery to make it more of a quick service, similiar to Beach Club Marketplace. I don't think they want to take away a table service for quick service. I often wondered why they don't do something with the former kids club, make it a quick service.
That has always been my thought as well. Have to wonder what the heck they are doing with that space.
BW has needed a place for decent QS food. Here's hoping the improved/enlarged Bakery will offer that. Lack of decent QS is my only issue with BW.

I think I've seen more positive posts related to BR on this thread than I have in years combined. It seems anytime I see it listed here it's in a negative context.

my praise for BRG is only for recent years. previously, i agree: service was poor, food lukewarm and bland. they have greatly improved, imho.

btw, we liked spoodles much more than kouzzina also - kouzzina's breakfast is the only meal we will eat there now (and only as a last resort). there are so many better options (mostly off-site, but at least available:)).

my praise for BRG is only for recent years. previously, i agree: service was poor, food lukewarm and bland. they have greatly improved, imho.

btw, we liked spoodles much more than kouzzina also - kouzzina's breakfast is the only meal we will eat there now (and only as a last resort). there are so many better options (mostly off-site, but at least available:)).
That's exactly how we feel about Kouzzina as well. Much preferred Spoodles!! Now, all we ever eat at Kouzzina is breakfast...and that's only if it's our only choice.

Good to know, maybe we'll give it another try when we get a chance.

I'd avoid B&C - just because arriving at noon may mean a forty minute or longer wait at B&C.

If you have park tickets for the day - the fish and chips stand in Epcot is where my son bee lines to. I'm more a quiche in France person.

Inga said:
Our experience with Big River Grille was horrible! Has it gotten any better?

We ate there for an arrival day lunch, and it was a great alternative to the lack of quick service restaurants. The food was simple but good... Sandwiches,burgers, and nachos. Plus with the tables in wonderland card it wasnt really that much more than a counter service.

I also like the idea of walking into EPCOT and picking a country for lunch. While exotic for kids, we did this at Morocco and loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter