Boat from Contemporary Resort to Epcot Resorts

irene6118

Mouseketeer
Is there a boat we can take from CR to the Epcot resorts? We have a couple of meals planned there and are trying to figure out the easiest way to get there with a scooter.

Nope, you're talking 2 completely different bodies of water. If you're trying to get to a Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, S/D resort for dinner, it could require you taking 2 legs of transportation. For example, you could drive/bus from CR to Hollywood Studios, park there, and then take the Skyliner or boat to the EPCOT resorts area.

No boat. Bay Lake and Crescent Lake are completely different bodies of water. If you have park-hoppers and plan to be in a park that day you can monorail to Epcot and just walk through. Or bus to DHS then walk/skyliner. Otherwise, I really think you best option for direct transportation from Contemporary to an Epcot-area resort will be ride-share or taxi.

ETA: I just re-read the scooter aspect -- accessible Minnie Van.

Is there a boat we can take from CR to the Epcot resorts? We have a couple of meals planned there and are trying to figure out the easiest way to get there with a scooter.

Monorail or walk to MK bus station. Bus to whatever resort your meal is at. Reverse the process after, as long as MK is still open. Or as @thanxfornoticin said, bus to Studios, boat or skyliner to the Epcot resort. Reverse after. If parks are closed, you would need to bus to Springs & change to a CR bus.

Easiest will be an accessible MV, these can be booked on the Lyft app, just scroll to the MV accessible option when you book. BUT this option isn’t cheap, around $40/each way. And if you hit a peak time like park closing it might be impossible to book.

Is the ECV necessary for just a dinner ADR? No judgement if it is but some WDW ECV users are able to walk a short distance without them which opens up much cheaper rideshares for short hotel-only walks. If you have an ADR you can Uber/Lyft to that hotel directly and security will let you in.

When staying at WL, we would take the bus to MK and then swap to whichever resort bus we wanted. We found it was much faster and more flexible because you could take YC/BC or BWI bus - whichever came first. All of the buses can accommodate 1-2 scooters. When we were staying at CR, we never bothered waiting for a bus at the resort, we just walked over to the MK bus stop as there are many more options for where you want to go. We would even do that over taking the monorail to Epcot as we prefer to enter via International Gateway.

When staying at WL, we would take the bus to MK and then swap to whichever resort bus we wanted. We found it was much faster and more flexible because you could take YC/BC or BWI bus - whichever came first. All of the buses can accommodate 1-2 scooters. When we were staying at CR, we never bothered waiting for a bus at the resort, we just walked over to the MK bus stop as there are many more options for where you want to go. We would even do that over taking the monorail to Epcot as we prefer to enter via International Gateway.
Just watch your hours, I did that staying at WL too. Ran into issues one night after dinner at RIV when MK was around closing time and was told by the MK driver they can’t take passengers to MK after like 30 mins prior to close.

Just watch your hours, I did that staying at WL too. Ran into issues one night after dinner at RIV when MK was around closing time and was told by the MK driver they can’t take passengers to MK after like 30 mins prior to close.
Very good point. We were once dining at AKL and had planned to take the bus back to AK and then take a bus back to our resort (YC). We got to the AK bus and were told that they were only dropping people off, not picking up any more because AK was closed (duh - we didn't even think about that). But she called the central bus dispatch, and they said she could drop us off at BC, so she took us there on her way back to the depot (so nice!), but obviously, you cannot count on that. We would have had to take a taxi or wait for a bus to a park that was open and make our way back. So now we always keep that in mind when making our return plans.

I'm not sure, but would another possibility be to walk over to the MK, and then take the bus from there to whichever resort is most convenient for your reservation (for example, take the Boardwalk bus for any reservation along the Boardwalk. take the Yacht Club bus if your reservation is for Ale and Compass, etc.) Then reverse your way (MK bus from whichever resort, then walk over to the Contemporary) after dinner. At least that way you'd just be dealing with one transportation method.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Do all Epcot Resorts use buses? I was under the impression that some used only boats.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Do all Epcot Resorts use buses? I was under the impression that some used only boats.
They use buses to get to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs. They use boats or walking to get to Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Definitely the Monorail. Scoot on and scoot off with no problem. At Epcot there is an elevator to get back up to the Monorail platform and a long ramp to get off.

Definitely the Monorail. Scoot on and scoot off with no problem. At Epcot there is an elevator to get back up to the Monorail platform and a long ramp to get off.
Agree that the monorail is simple on/off for the scooter. But the OP is going to the EPCOT resorts, not actually EPCOT - so the monorail might not be the best, unless they're able to enter EPCOT and make the fairly long trek from main entrance to IG and eventually the restaurant of their choice. And then back again.

There's always the Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van option. What I like about this option is that you can get dropped of at Beach Club and enter EP through the International Gateway. So if you have dinner at Rose and Crown, for example, you have a short walk from the entrance to the restaurant.

There's no bus from Epcot resorts to HS, only boats or take the Skyliner from Epcot (though it's a roundabout route to get there; more direct coming back) or walk (which is faster than the boats even if you leave at the same time). Obviously only walking to Epcot. Buses are for DS, AK, MK.

No on a boat, it's too far and the bodies of water aren't connected. The monorail from TTC to Epcot is a fairly long ride and then you will still need to get to the actual Epcot resorts. Assuming you have been to Disney in the past, you probably realize the size of the property, how things are layed out and how far apart things are. Taking your own car or one of those online taxi services is probably the most direct way to do what you are asking.

Very good point. We were once dining at AKL and had planned to take the bus back to AK and then take a bus back to our resort (YC). We got to the AK bus and were told that they were only dropping people off, not picking up any more because AK was closed (duh - we didn't even think about that). But she called the central bus dispatch, and they said she could drop us off at BC, so she took us there on her way back to the depot (so nice!), but obviously, you cannot count on that. We would have had to take a taxi or wait for a bus to a park that was open and make our way back. So now we always keep that in mind when making our return plans.

I had a similar experience a number of years ago. Was trying to get from AKL to the Contemporary (on a rainy night). Tried to get on a MK bus, but the driver said the park had just closed and that he couldn't take me there. I told him I was actually trying to get to the Contemporary and was willing to walk from MK. He told me to get on, and he ended up dropping me off at the Contemporary on his way to the MK. I'm not sure if he checked with dispatch first, but either way, it was a magical moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter