Boma…not sure what to think now after latest vid

I don't love buffets, but I do love Boma's! We ate there 3 weeks ago and it was as awesome as always. I always like the ribs best of the meat, and that was still true, and they were amazingly seasoned. But my favorites were the soups, the peanut rice, the sweet corn pudding. Most of this would not be keto friendly, but they did have awesome options that were. Like the salmon, also great.

I watch all the dining review videos and Pete complains about food being underseasoned on almost every single one. At this point, it's not the food, it's him.

I believe he's a smoker, so that will change how food tastes. If I remember, one dining review he (or someone) said he puts salt on every bite so he clearly likes seasoning.

We were there in September and everyone in our group of 9 thought it was one of the best meals we have had at Boma. I missed the kokonut rice, not served that night, but my husband & I loved the squash/pumpkin soup and he is still talking about the feta salad. The meats were amazing

That all you can eat stone crab, lobster and caviar premium buffet he tried down near Fort Lauderdale is very tempting... :)
Was that in this video? I may have stopped it to soon. If it was, I can finish watching it. If not, do you happen to remember the name of the restaurant?

Last edited:
Mikey Chen put up his last WDW dining video today. Notice the classy lady at 9:06.
I am editing to say that he has since blurred out the lady's actions. She gave the double bird to the camera.

Last edited:
I watch all the dining review videos and Pete complains about food being underseasoned on almost every single one. At this point, it's not the food, it's him.

Compared to local restaurants, Disney tends to under-season food. You can partially make up for it with salt and pepper, but I think the criticism is valid.

I still want to try Boma, but it's usually pretty far out of the way, especially for short trips.

Last edited:
We were able to get back to Boma in early December, and we were so pleased with the experience. Having been Boma fans for years, we were concerned about it reopening with some changes post-Covid - but it was probably 80%-90% of the original. There were a couple things missing, but the core enjoyment was absolutely there. We returned again in late January, and we had the same feeling. We learned in January that they have a much more set menu now for the buffet than they did in the past. In the past, during the week, the soups would change and some other stations would change the offerings. But it sounds like they are currently offering the same options each night. And since the soups are some of our favorites, we're good with that (for now!)! If you have loved Boma in the past, or have been thinking about trying it, there's no reason not to make a reservation - in our opinion.

We never had the dinner buffet (just didn't think it would work for my kids) but the breakfast buffet last week was great, as always. I think that we went 3 (maybe 4) times over 8 days (at my kids' insistence).

Can anyone give me the details on how buffets work now? Is it the same as it always was? Or do the servers scoop the food and the food is now covered from the public? I'm not gonna lie, I have always hoped for that even pre-covid. But how does it work now?

When we were at Boma in November you had to wear a mask up to the buffet but other than that was the same as before. At the meat station they asked what you wanted and put it on your plate but everywhere else you served yourself.

Can anyone give me the details on how buffets work now? Is it the same as it always was? Or do the servers scoop the food and the food is now covered from the public? I'm not gonna lie, I have always hoped for that even pre-covid. But how does it work now?
In the video he says you serve yourself, same as pre-Covid.

When we were at Boma in November you had to wear a mask up to the buffet but other than that was the same as before. At the meat station they asked what you wanted and put it on your plate but everywhere else you served yourself.
This is what we experienced, too. Other than masks at the buffet line, it was pretty much the same as before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter