Bonnet Creek

Our friend owns in FF and we so want a 4br for our stay in September, we will be 6 adults & 2 children, but it's SO hard to find, there are no availability is what he says when he looks for it, it it that hard to get a 4 br??? We will be renting his points and even though I would rather stay within the world this is going to have to work as it is even harder for him to get DVC, we were lucky to be able to get a 1br at OKW last year but even though the resort was only filled to 40% capacity in September, this year is showing nothing available, we would need a GV to fit us all or something equivalant..(sp)
He also owns II? so maybe that is an issue, though we are talking greatly about buying DVC ourselves, money is an issue right now, I don't want to finance the buy

4 bedroom timeshares - no matter what resort - are few and far between. If they do exist they cost plenty of points in Wyndham, DVC or any other system. There is far more demand than supply in 4 BR. You actually mght do better (and save points) getting 2 - 2 bedroo units.

Thanks TotoToo :)
We thought about the 2 2br's and it looks like that's what has to be booked for us, though SIL thinks we'd be fine in a 3br :rotfl2: ...umm nope! That would be too much family loving ;) Now I'm even thinking getting 1br and a 2 br, me, DH and DD in the 1br (we have been to WDW before) and then SIL, BIL, FIL, MIL & nephew in the 2br (they have NEVER been to WDW before)...I wonder if I'm in for a ride :rolleyes1

Anyways, thanks again, you made some good points and made it easier for a decision to be made :thumbsup2

We will be at Bonnet Creek in 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom villa for 5 nts for ...get this...$450!!! I had a ressie at BC for $359/nt. That was a pretty easy decision for us. We'll have a car & an AP, so we will probably drive every day.

Yup, that is a no-brainer there. Where did you get it at that price?? Great deal. Let us know how you like it when you return.

I inquired about a rental on Redweek, after deciding to add a 3 day Disney cruise on to our trip...needed to cut our WDW costs. The owner worked with me, and eventually found me a 1 br(price) with a free upgrade to a 2br. I think she is a VIP owner, so she probably passed on some of those 1/2 price deals to me. Either way...this place will have to be a dump for me to be unhappy with the price. I'll let you know how it is in a few weeks!

Believe me, it is no dump! We stayed there last year in a 2 BR and a 3 BR. We loved it. My only teeny tiny complaint was the transportation, but we always have a car, so not an issue for us (except when we have to drive to MK, we always take a bus there).

Its not a dump at all, we were there in October 2006 in a 2bedroom. I'll try to post some pics of the room.....

P1010052.jpg

Just one comment. The view that the above poster has up are facing the beautiful waterfront area. All the units on the other side face the parking lot. It is yuck! We had one unit facing the water and one facing the parking lot. What a difference a view makes!

Actually, our balcony faced the parking. sure it sucked, but we had an awesome view of the Pop Century resort. Our 2nd bedrrom faced the water. The place was very nice. can't beat the location.

Looks Nice but it ain't DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!

Just left there yesterday, it was beautiful room 417 parking lot view(not an issue for us). We had a car as usual :banana: I booked today for June 2008:dance3: I loved how close it was to the parks. We had ressies at GF, BC, AKL loved visiting the other resorts but can not justifing the cost of WDW resorts my TS is paid for.:cool2: I use TGM stay away from EMH mornings was never kicked out of evening EMH.:cool2:

Oh my word, I'm so excited that I found this thread! We're staying at a friend's timeshare in BC for three nights in a few weeks and I can't wait.

I don't really understand how the whole timeshare thing works, I don't think my friend is losing money on this deal, but we're hardly paying her anything for these 3 nights. When you buy into a timeshare, how much do you have to pay when you actually go?

Sorry, I'm confused.

Hi. We leave in December, our first stay @Bonnet Creek. We have a 3bdr. unit for 9 nights for 800.0. The price was to good to pass up and we too, have annual passes, so parking is free. We very seldom use shuttles, as it's much easier with stroller and kids to drive. We are going with our inlaws this year, and will have a handicap sticker, so parking will be even closer. We love staying on Disney, but with 8 people, it would have been over 4000.00 renting points. Yes, we love the Disney magic 24hours, but, 3000.00 will buy a lot of great meals while we're there. I loved the pictures. The place looks beautiful. Janice

You're right. It's much less expensive. ;)

Not only that, I think that the resort is much better for larger groups than Disney can offer (other than OKW). We once had a 2 BR at VWL for 4 adults, never again. The table in the dining area was so small, it made meals not that pleasant. At Bonnet Creek, the dining area is large and comfortable. And the living area in the 2 BR was much more spacious.

And for the record, we own at VWL and would not sell it for the world. But if we go with more than just us 2 adults, we go for the resorts that have more space. BC is a great alternative, and as mentiond above, much less expensive!:thumbsup2

Looks Nice but it ain't DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!

No, it isn't. You can tell because the units are bigger, they are better equipped, the quality better but the theming not as prevalent. Also because the price is much less. We enjoy the Disney experience in the parks and can do without it, and the cost, for everywhere else. Your mileage may vary.

No, it isn't. You can tell because the units are bigger, they are better equipped, the quality better but the theming not as prevalent. Also because the price is much less. We enjoy the Disney experience in the parks and can do without it, and the cost, for everywhere else. Your mileage may vary.

Now here I will quibble just a tad. I will compare BC to SSR, which to me is comparable because neither are attached to a park. We just stayed at SSR and it was a lovely resort. I would say that the resort, to me, was a little nicer than BC in room amenities, style. And being DVC members, we were able to stay on our points, and points well spent, in my opinion. But if we had stayed an entire week, with more than just us, I would have rented BC in a NY minute!

We have stayed there twice! Loved it!! We have had the waterview and parking lot view. Our parking lot view had a view of Illuminations.
The amentities you get are great! I also love the location. Perfect for us. We always have a car, sp transportation is not an issue. It will be nice once the resorts around this property open. More restaurants and pools to chose from. My guess is the transportation might improve too.

My brother is staying there in the summer and he also owns at AK Lodge. Not sure why he is bothering to stay at BC but it looks nice but I would not trade DVC for anything???!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter