BOO Bash Report

LPnerd

DIS Veteran
You can get in around 7pm, (although a few I talked to said they were let in a little after 6:30) . There are free ice-cream bars, sandwiches, and strawberry frozen bars, popcorn, and full bottle coke, sprite, water or diet coke. Plus candy. Treat stations were hard to find, and gave no where near as much candy as in years past, they give you a map, but it's so dark, you have to find a light to read it by, and the map on your phone is to small to be of any use at all.
The cast members are nice again, so that's good. In fact the 8 yr old made the comment, "everyone is so nice here."
So in speaking with cast members, ( in ticketing) we found that even through most dates in Oct. and all dates before the price went up, had been sold out. Covid rates went off the charts again in FL. and people called and cancelled, using that money on tickets in future. Hence, we waited in line for Mine Train 20 min. that was our longest wait. Most rides we were pretty much able to walk on, goofy coaster and thunder mt. we walked right on and rode twice.
The trams to parking lot are still not running. luckily I have a handicap sticker, but we saw a line of wheelchairs all along as we drove out because at the end of the day, kids and older adults have had it. And that parking lot at magic kingdom is a longer walk than around the park is.
Also, parking without staying at a dis resort, or a AP will cost you 25$ more on top of very high ticket costs. We heard 3 different parking lot attendants tell people ," we understand, Please write or email Disneyland corporate or fill out a complaint at your hotel, because Disney doesn't listen to employees at all"
So, Disney has raised prices and such because they found A. less people in park means fewer employees to pay, A. They still buy mech, ( even more than the norm was spent during covid shut down and first open),B; higher prices lower crowds they make money, people are happier about wait time, if not they will pay extra to get in fast pass or lightening lane, having those two lanes speed up wait times for all.

Is protocol at Disney being followed... sort of. Not as many hand sanitizers around, but they are at exit of each ride, and I did not find a empty one. ( I carry my own anyway. we keep our masks around our neck, and pull it up when social distance is not being observed, EG, Haunted Mansion.) I have wipes in my purse, so I wipe almost all hand bars . ( we have a little one who can't get shots yet.) so basically I am covid police, but we have always been careful even before this.
Social distance at Disney is a thing of the past unless you take it on yourself, which we did, or wore our masks in lines period. I still think you can be safe there, as long as YOU follow CDC protocol. Also, we kind of took our own survey and asked everyone passing out candy if they had been vaccinated, only one guy in the parking lot said no.
I added up our tickets at 120$ each with discount, ( BTW the DVC discount is same as undercover tourist discount, which stinks IMHO) and subtracted the cost of the free treats and that took the price of ticket down around 22 bucks a person. so you are paying for boo Bash treats, no wait lines, much fewer people in park and all your snacks for the night. Not bad. Knowing this would I go to the bash paying full price, Not a chance ! OH we did get to see happily Ever After fireworks that night, for the last time. When we go in Oct, we will see the two new 50TH shows! PLUS Tinkerbell Flies again!

Last edited:
I went last week and had a great time. I figured that the free water more than covered the extra cost and crowds were lower than 2019. My only disappointment was the pictures - either you do the pictures or everything else. I just was not going to wait an hour for a magic picture. But that is me.

also character interaction was great even from the balconies. Chip and dale making fun of the cal arcade priceless.
to me well worth it. I stayed to BLT so was nice and easy.

flew in just for boo - was going to stay longer but didn’t want to risk it with covid.

I went last week and had a great time. I figured that the free water more than covered the extra cost and crowds were lower than 2019. My only disappointment was the pictures - either you do the pictures or everything else. I just was not going to wait an hour for a magic picture. But that is me.

also character interaction was great even from the balconies. Chip and dale making fun of the cal arcade priceless.

flew in just for boo - was going to stay longer but didn’t want to risk it with covid.
shouldn't drinkable water be free anyway??? just sayin" and if you can afford to fly in for a night to this, you have more money than many of us. also, we saw chip and dale, on a balcony, our kids response, " oh yeah." as they continued to try and find a treat station. ( they were difficult to find on a dark night.)

We were there last weekend and didn't get to do the pictures either. There just wasn't enough time to do everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter