• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked 7 nights at cabin via Fairy Tale Package

Tatsoi

Earning My Ears
For those who might be curious, this morning I booked a 7 night stay at a Fort Wilderness cabin for 2 adults during the value season (late September) using the general public Fairy Tale Package. The total including tax and without the travel insurance came to $1593.01. We are paying for 4 nights at the cabin and 4 days of Ultimate Hopper Passes and getting 3 cabin nights and 3 UHP days for free. I can't quite seem to figure out how it exactly breaks down because I'm not sure how the package was taxed.

We were lucky that this offer exactly accommodated our plans. If you already have AP's, Mary Waring of www.mousesavers.com offers some tips for that particular situation.

I called the Walt Disney Travel Company a little after 10 am east coast time and had to wait only a couple minutes on hold. However, I did ask the reservationist whether they were busy due to the release of the FT package. She said that they had calls flooding in non-stop since 7 am, which was unusual for them. Sounds like this promotion is starting out very strong. Good luck to all of you!:p

Have fun! The cabins are a real treat. It's like staying in Frontierland -- the theming is great. The whole Ft. Wilderness is wonderful -- enjoy!

I was quoted about 1771 for the same thing--two adults, but in October. This was through Small World Travel Adventures. Did you use an AP (my quote has no discounts)? And you booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company?

I want your price!!!
:)

FFerret - the difference is that you are going in regular season. That is more expensive than Sept value season.

oh my goodness--
OCTOBER is considered regular and SEPTEMBER is value? Really?

YIKES!
I never realized that

Thanks for the heads-up; think I'm going to reschedule then, but then that means no MNSSHP and Epcot Food and Wine.....hmmmmm

(three hours later)
Alright--just ran through some earlier dates and I'll save around $200 if I go three weeks earlier. And there's a MNSSHP on Oct 5

(happy ferret dance)

Thanks again :)

You're welcome. A few years back they changed most of October to value season. As it turns out it was done because that is convention season in Orlando. Also, if you check-in during value season and the season changes to regular season while you're there, you get your whole stay at the value season rate. So you may can go later in the month than you think.

Got it for September 30 during value season , and I think it changes to Regular season Oct 2--but i get to keep the value price so you're right :) :) :)

With the FairyTale Package I got two adults and two childrens' UHP for 8 days and 7 nights at the Cabins for $2016

My travel agent said that it's odd October's regular season this year, but that she thinks it has to do with the Fairy Tale Package--something about it moving the month it usually changes up one

November is Regular season too this year

Originally posted by BlueFairy
You're welcome. A few years back they changed most of October to value season. As it turns out it was done because that is convention season in Orlando. Also, if you check-in during value season and the season changes to regular season while you're there, you get your whole stay at the value season rate. So you may can go later in the month than you think.

This caused us problems last October, since we did not know they had changed to a more expensive season until all plans had been set. What a shock! Who woulda thunk it? So we were able to go to the Epcot Food & Wine festival for half a day and will never go back unless they change it back to a cheaper season. I doubt they ever will, since October is Halloween season as well as convention season. We used to go in Sept., but now DH's job prevents that. Btw, DVC points rates change with the season (and weekend), not the date of check in.

October is going to be very busy this year, from what I've heard. Besides the conventions, Halloween, the F&W festival, the golf tournament(s), and Columbus day, it's also Canadian Thanksgiving! And I think they have an at par deal (helps balance out the exchange rate) for Canadians that is popular as well.

Congrats on those great cabin rates! I wish we were going. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter