• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked first DVC stay- VWL & VB

Hettie

DIS Veteran
I've been anxiously awaiting my member number after closing on my AKV resale purchase. Finally got it yesterday and immediately started looking for options to replace my Dolphin reservation in early October. I wasn't counting on anything and hoped to maybe find 3 consecutive nights at the beginning or end for a split stay, but was happily surprised to get a VWL studio for the first 4 nights. We've visited WL, but never stayed there, so that will be really fun, will go to Artist Point since we've never eaten there. I wait listed the last two nights, but DH and I were talking tonight and I suggested that if we have to move resorts, why not just go over to VB since we're driving? We both liked that idea, so I went ahead and booked the last two nights in an ocean view inn room. The more I think about it, the more I kinda hope the wait list doesn't come through! We've been to the parks more times than we can count, so sacrificing a couple of nights at WDW for the beach will be just fine. We've never been to VB, so that will be a fun adventure. Now to start studying up on VB! Is the seafood buffet still on Thursdays at Shutters?

I don't have a problem being the only one to reply to my own thread...LOL!

My member packet came in the mail today and while flipping through the planner DH exclaimed "Where is that?!?" when he saw the Vero photo. I just cancelled the wait list for the last two nights at VWL so that there won't even be a dilemma. Seriously...Can.not.wait.

I don't have a problem being the only one to reply to my own thread...LOL!

My member packet came in the mail today and while flipping through the planner DH exclaimed "Where is that?!?" when he saw the Vero photo. I just cancelled the wait list for the last two nights at VWL so that there won't even be a dilemma. Seriously...Can.not.wait.
Congrats! Never been to VB but know those who love it. As you can see in my signature block, we own at VWL. You'll love it there, too. Serene, relaxing, and perhaps the best ambience of any of the resorts. AP is a very romantic restaurant--be sure to walk the grounds of the Lodge after and sit on the beach while EWP floats by. :thumbsup2

VWL was our first DVC stay, and VB was our second, 4 months later! We loved our VB stay so much, we added on there right after the stay!

Enjoy!

Bobbi

We love both resorts!!! Did you get an Ocean Front Inn room? That is our all time favorite at VB (thanks to Miss Bobbiwoz!).

We also love VWL. Let us know how it goes!

We love both resorts!!! Did you get an Ocean Front Inn room? That is our all time favorite at VB (thanks to Miss Bobbiwoz!).

We also love VWL. Let us know how it goes!

Yes, we did get the ocean view inn room. Can't wait to watch the sun rise!

Congrats! You are going to great resorts! We have had the ocean view inn room at Vero as well and loved it!

The WL/VWL is our favorite resort for so many reasons. AP is lovely and just the feeling you get staying at the VWL is second to none. The boat to MK is great too! There are so many beautiful areas of the resort to explore.

Have a great first DVC trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter