Booked our first Disney Cruise!

Mommy'sGrumpy

Earning My Ears
We are a family of four and we are Disney World repeat offenders,lol.

After returnning from our latest trip in May, we decided to do the cruise for for next trip.

So I booked us on the 7 day land/sea trip on aug 29th,2004.

I chose cat 6 stateroom with Verandah(hope it's big enough for all of us, my kids will be 9 and 12 when we cruise.

On land, we are staying at the Polynesian because we have never stayed at a monorail resort and figured that since we are onlt there for 4 days, it would save some "bus time".

I have found this board to have a wealth of valuable information and I love visiting here.

Of course I have a few questions,lol.

How is the food at the buffet? Am I losing out by going casual to a buffet instead of dining in one of the resturants?

Is it easier and cheaper to take the Disney transfers or should I seek out my own? When traveling to WDW we usually use Tiffany Town Car as our transfer sevice.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I look foward to posting here!

:)

First of all, a BIG Welcome!!!Glad to have you aboard!!! I did the 7 day land/sea adventure 2 yrs. ago. We stayed at the Contemporary Resort and just loved the monorail system!!!

To answer you questions:

1. The food at the buffets are great!! You will enjoy yourselves. It is strictly up to you whwere you want to eat. The restraunts are also great, so like I said, it is strictly up to you.

2. It may not be cheaper to go with the Disney transfers, but I myself went with them before and am going with them on our next trip and had no problems. I felt alot better having someone else worry about getting our luggage and transportation and just sitting back and enjoying our vacation. You might want to check other places for prices, if you have any doubts.

Hope this helped.

Lisa:Pinkbounc

Thanks for your help,Lisa. we are just so excited. I even took advantage of some 50% off sales at our local Disney store and bought my daughter a few things in a size larger for our vacation next year,LOL..

Another question for you(or anyone who wants to answer)

How do I get my trip countdown clock on my post?

Thanks!

Gina:D

gO TO THE dIS DISCUSSION FORUMS AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE AND WHEN THERE CLICK ON TECHINICAL SUPPORT AND THEN GET YOUR COUNTDOWN TIMERS HERE THREAD AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS

I'm fairly new myself (as you can see). It is very easy to get addicted to these boards!
If you search each one of the pages in this forum there has been a lot of discussion about transfers vs. other forms of transportation. There are several threads addressing it. You will find a lot of opinions one way or the other & you can see what will work best for you.:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Mommy'sGrumpy
I chose cat 6 stateroom with Verandah(hope it's big enough for all of us, my kids will be 9 and 12 when we cruise.

You're joking, right? Your kids will probably be in the kids club from 9 am until midnight or 1 am. As long as you've got beds for them to crash into, a cat 6 should be plenty big enough!

You'll have time for the buffets AND restaurants. If you plan the sit down restaurants for dinner and hit the buffets for breakfast and lunch. And don't forget to eat at Pluto's. And Pinnochios. And Scoops. And Preludes.

Oh...and take the stairs whenever possible!! Or all that eating will catch up with you!

You're gonna love it. The worst part is going to be leaving. Prepare now for the fact that you'll be sitting down with the cruise consultant at her desk to rebook your SECOND cruise while still on your first. I know, we ended up sitting with her TWICE! (see tickers below!)

Feel free to ask anything on this board. Someone is sure to give you facts or opinions (depending on the question)

Originally posted by Mommy'sGrumpy
So I booked us on the 7 day land/sea trip on aug 29th,2004.

How is the food at the buffet? Am I losing out by going casual to a buffet instead of dining in one of the resturants?

Is it easier and cheaper to take the Disney transfers or should I seek out my own? When traveling to WDW we usually use Tiffany Town Car as our transfer sevice.

You are on the three day cruise right after spending 4 days at WDW? In case you did not know there is no buffet for dinner...

We prefer the towncar, cheaper and the kids love it, but there are posters that like the bus to put them into the mood.

I donot know about you, but just landing at MCO puts me in the mood!!! :p

Originally posted by din
You are on the three day cruise right after spending 4 days at WDW? In case you did not know there is no buffet for dinner...

We prefer the towncar, cheaper and the kids love it, but there are posters that like the bus to put them into the mood.

I donot know about you, but just landing at MCO puts me in the mood!!! :p

No Buffet for dinner is OK with me. I am sure the meals are just wonderful. I have been checking out those sample menus on another site and I can't wait to get there!

Thanks so much!

party.gif

You're going to LOVE the cruise - it's such a pampered and fun experience.
You're kids are going to have a blast.
discoav.gif

Originally posted by dclwdwlover
I'm fairly new myself (as you can see). It is very easy to get addicted to these boards!
If you search each one of the pages in this forum there has been a lot of discussion about transfers vs. other forms of transportation. There are several threads addressing it. You will find a lot of opinions one way or the other & you can see what will work best for you.:Pinkbounc

I am very suseptable to becoming addicted to message boards myself,lol..

Thanks for the advice!

Originally posted by trishy
party.gif

You're going to LOVE the cruise - it's such a pampered and fun experience.
You're kids are going to have a blast.
discoav.gif

I can't wait! I am even going to treat myself to some spa treatments.

Any one you might suggest?

Thanks,

Gina

I can point you in the right direction.

BARB & TONY'S SITE has so much information you won't have any time to surf the DIS boards. :p That site is wonderful for info (even has pictures ;) ) to help you decide what to do.

Mommy...

We took our first cruise last year..YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!!

We loved it so much, that we boarded the ship on Sat. and had booked our 10/18/03 cruise by Wednesday! It is worth every dime!!!!!! Have a great time. Do the Suriel Bath with your hubby.

And it sounds..ahem..invigorating,lol..

Hopefully we can get rid of th kids long enugh to take advantage of it!

I would also like to try a massage. I have never had one.

Gina

Yes, you will LOVE the cruise. As far as transfers go, you might check the price differences, there are merits to both. With an independent vendor (ie. Tiffany Towncars) you can go when YOU want to. On the other hand, the convenience and no hassle at all with using DCL transportation, plus the neat video they show you is also worth something. Your call!!!!!

Take a water-proof watch in with you. If you are "busy" in the staem part of the room, you MAY not hear the 10 minute "warning knock".;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter