• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked PS. AM I RIGHT OR NOT???

THE DENTIST

Isn't it funny how a bear loves honey, buzz, buzz,
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi all,

Just want to check something with you mickey regulars.
Our first visit so want to be sure. 2 adults, no kids

Jusy called yesterday to book as follows;

sat jan 17 JIKO 6.30pm
sun jan 18 Vic & Alb 5.45pm
tues 20 CRT 8.05am
wed 21 HOOP DE DOO 7.15pm
sat 24 POLY LUAU 5.15pm

Still have lots of others i want to book but my concern having booked these is are they going to be at parade times or fireworks etc.

Please help. I need romantic evening meals and fireworks dinners but wish to make full use of the day at each park.

Thanks KV

Sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!

Jiko is awesome! At CRT, 8:05 is the first seating. You should be done with breakfast before the park opens, so you will be ahead of the game!

People have varying opinions of the food at the Luau and Hoop de doo, but if you focus on the show and don't worry about how much you are paying for "just okay" food, you'll be fine.

I haven't been to V&A YET, but have heard nothing but great things.

Overall, it sounds like a really good time!!!

ALSO JUST BOOKED CAL GRILL FOR 5.50 PM ON A TUES

JUST HOPE THAT WE HAVEN'T OVER PLANNED AND ARE SET IN STONE WITH THESE BOOKINGS.

WHAT ABOUT SOME OF THE OTHERS LIKE CHEZ MICKEYS, WOLFGANG PUCK, ARTHERS 27 ETC

WHAT WOULD YOU BOOK FOR LUNCH OR DINNER NEAR THE PARKS?

THANX

KV

victoria and albert's is fabulous. very romantic. california grill, too, can be romantic especially if the fireworks are scheduled for the evening you are dining there. and jiko's is my husband's favorite. great choice. another restaurant to consider near MK is artist point at the Wilderness Lodge. very, very good. happy eating!:tongue: :duck:

You might want to rethink your very early V&A seating, if it's not too late to get a slightly later seating. The reason I mention it is that V&A is the type of place where you will need to head back to your room and definately shower and change and a 5:45 seating could really cut your day pretty short. The dinner will pretty much take up your entire evening and if you were thinking of doing something afterwards, I'd forget that idea. You will likely want to roll back to your room and sleep :)

Lisa

I really appreciate the advice and comments. I think I will change my V&A to later in the evening as advised. I would like to enjoy the park and then settle to my meal.

I would also appreciate your advice on whether to rebook any restaurant in advance for another day or would you wait till your there to see if you'd rebook.

The only problem will be the possibility of not getting a table.

Whats all this about Boma??
Is this good for lunch and whats the best time given that i already have a PS for Jiko in the evening?

Thanx again

KV

We will be dining at Boma while you're dining at Jiko!!! Unfortunately, Boma is not open for lunch, but you could do it another night of your stay.

It is so hard when January hours (fireworks schedule) are not out, but generally the parks close early at this time of year (with the exception of the weekends) so can't give you advice about fireworks times.

The parades, however, are usually midafternoon so you could possible see a parade, then eat an early dinner in the parks. For MK, see the parade, then take the monorail to the Poly and eat at Kona Cafe.

See you there!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave2: :wave2:

As a newbie I just realised that apart from our day at AKL and booked restaurants, the other days e.g. Epcot, I have booked us to eat at V&A that night. Is it fairly easy to spend the day at one park and eat at a different site at night or have i messed up.

I don't necessarily have to go to epcot on that day, however, my plan is based around going to the least busy parks on the day.

I will be staying at POR so early entry may be possible.

What would you guys do???

My wife is the type to just go with the flow, however, I'm trying to organise us to enjoy the most without too much set in stone.

Where are you staying? Will you have your own transportation? That makes a difference. Resort to resort takes longer. If you don't have a car, I would recommend taking a taxi to V&A , if need be.

Thanks Susy and all,

We're at POR for the duration of our stay. I would value your opinions as to what to do?

KV

You are going at a very slow time of year, so don't worry too much about the PS's. Except for a couple of very special dinners like V&A and maybe California Grille, you can probably make a PS the same day, either at the park or from your room. You really need to know park hours before you finalize your plans. If they will be having the fireworks show at MK during your stay, perhaps on the weekend, that would be a perfect time to eat at CA Grille. But you would probably need a later reservation. It would be easier to eat at Jiko after a day at Animal Kingdom, and maybe an Epcot restaurant for an Epcot day. Check out the Rose & Crown review recently posted for a great spot to see Illuminations. Diana

I have now resolved to letting god take over as i don't want to overplan. As Jan seems a slowish time I feel it would be great not to fix so much that we can't go somewhere because we've tied-up all the days.

Thanks again.

Love

KV

Here is what we do....

We make our dinner reservations for 6:00. We usually eat at Epcot - sometimes at the resorts. When we saw Fantasmic (7:30 show) we made 5:00 dinner reservations (preferrably in MGM - we ended up eating at Spoodles at the Boardwalk, but I wouldn't recommend that - rushed).

6:00 dinner reservations at Epcot got us out at about 8:00. So plan on two hours for dinner. More at V&As

We usually try and plan dinner to be near where we are spending out day. Even grabbing a cab will take 15-20 minutes to get from one location to the other (and cabs are faster than anything else - driving a car involves parking and walking to and from the lot, buses generally involve waiting). So if you want to see Spectromagic at 9:00, I'd look for a 6:00 or 6:30 dinner around the MK - the MK resort area.

Keep in mind that AKL in particular is off the beaten path. You probably want to plan on a late dinner at Jiko and then a relaxing evening - or a dinner at Jiko and then something open late - like Pleasure Island.

Personally, I'd skip Boma. Its a good buffet, but I wouldn't make the trek out to the AKL twice for meals - unless you are really making meals a priority.

jan 17 has 2 spectro 8/10 and wishes at 9.. the other times for wishes are7 or 7-30( i think)but the parades and fworks are all out on the hrs pages

Just wanted to add - My personal experience has been that during the "slower" time of year, you can make PS that day for wherever you want that evening. Other than the hard-to-get PS like CRT and Hoop-De-Doo. I always plan, plan, plan but many times we cancel the PS previously scheduled, and reschedule for the park/resort we want for that day, or the next.

Definitely go for the Extra Magic Hour at each park, you can get more done in that hour than the rest of the day! It takes the pressure off, so to speak.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter